Just Me and You

Chapter 12

Freya

"It's a bit tight," I said stepping out of my bathroom.

"It's supposed to help you better control your elements and Gifts," Damon said running his eyes over the tight, soft, Dri-Fit catsuit. It wasn't full dominatrix, but close. The suit was long sleeved with a quarter zipper in the center of my chest. On my left chest was the seal of Ares, a circle with an arrow pointing slightly to the right was embroidered in a dark red. The bottom was a pair of moderately cut shorts with a belt that would make Batman jealous and a pair of military combat boots.

"It's definitely enhancing my gifts," I said looking down to my breast and slightly unzipping the top to give me some air. I decided to wear the necklace Ares had given me. I was going to need all the luck in the world.

"The fake Freya got to choose your training attire," he said with an intense stare that almost seemed to awaken my ovaries.

"Training?" I laughed, "More like for my Cat-woman cosplay," I said putting on the fingerless gloves with a silver metal plate that covered my knuckles. I mean really, Damon had on normal clothes. A black t-shirt, black pants, and tennis shoes. He also had two silver blades in hand.

"We can change it once we get back," he stood up and handed me one of his daggers, "I have no idea what we're going to find down there but use this on anything that doesn't seem right."

"So, the university can't afford gold statues, but it can afford silver blades," I said taking the dagger.

"It's Pewter. Any monsters we might find down there will be weakened by it. The same can be said for Descendants if cut in the right place; it's like poison coursing through your veins," he explained.

I carefully looked at the blade unsheathing it from its leather coil. It was beautifully made with a sleek design. The hilt had a ruby jewel at the top of it. The way the ruby shimmered made it seem like there was something alive in it. It was so beautiful I didn't want to take my eyes off it.

"Turn around," I heard Damon say snapping me out of my hypnotic state. I did, "You may need these too," he said showing me copper metal balls with intricate tiny swirling details on them. He opened one of the compartments on my belt and slid some in.

"What is it?"

"A bomb."

"Wait, what?" I turned to face him.

"Just a tiny one," he stated nonchalantly.

"In my back pocket?!" Knowing me, I'll bump into a wall and blow my ass off.

"Don't worry, their dummy proof. You have to hold it in between your fingers and press down then throw." Simple. "Ready?"

"I think we should have more backup?" Where was everyone?

"It's just me and you. After your text, I'm sure the campus went into a silent lockdown. Everyone is patrolling." He said grabbing my arm and teleporting us underneath the Clock Tower.

"You're not going to get in trouble for not being there?"

"After all the times I've covered for Leo, I think I'm good," he found a manhole cover and started to pull it back. I looked down into the dark pit and a sense of dread starting to creep through me. I dropped a fireball down to see how deep it was.

At least fifteen feet.

Just as I was about to jump down Damon held out his hand to stop me, "Let me go first. When I know it's safe, I'll call up to you." How sweet.