"Her throat was slit open." My eyes grew big, "Nyx attacked Gareth..." which meant Bash, Callan, Lucas, and Cecelia were in the middle of a battle ground. Defenseless because everyone that could fight was following after me.

Shit. Another fuck up.

Alaric was down here worrying himself to death with no way to communicate with Cecelia. I bet Damon was doing the same for me.

"I can fix this," I said cutting her off. "Where is he?"

"Moonies most night, but..."

"But, what? Take me there," I gasped.

"You do know what Moonies is, right?" She cautioned.

"Yeah, yeah, I know." It's a bar? Or something like that? "Show me where it is." This is one problem I can fix.

"Madam, you to get some rest," a feminine voice purred.

"Sherry, is Alaric there?" Vanessa pushed getting straight to the point.

"He's stumbling out the door now," the girl said. "Madam, took his keys."

"STOP HIM!" I jumped in.

"Who's that?" The girl asked.

"Where is this place?!" I couldn't miss Alaric. If he made it back to Haven, I would have no way of contacting him. Vanessa bought up a map and showed me where this bar was. I memorized every turn and landmark as quick as possible.

Okay. Got it.

I teleported to the middle of a road. The road before me stretched onward, hugging the snow filled land taking each turn in easy stride. The asphalt was a glossy black, like a wet photograph. Under the dark clouds, only the white lines gleamed under the headlamps. The bitter, winter wind was biting at the trees that lined the streets, howling like a wolf. "ALARIC!" I yelled over the wind.

I raced forward to see a very drunk Alaric struggling to keep his balance. He wore blue jeans that were soaking wet and a heavy brown leather jacket, "Fuck...ooff..." He was slurring his words.

"Hey!" I said coming up behind him, only for him to try and push me away. I slapped his hand away, "Knock it off!" I could smell the harsh scent of vodka on him as he tried to fight me off only to fall face first into the ground, "Hey, this isn't funny. Get up. Alaric!" I knelt down to roll him over to see that his face was bright red with scratches coving his forehead.

He vomited violently onto my chest before passing out.

Great.

"Jesus Christ, man." I wanted to be upset with him but I understood how grief could twist you up. If Ares didn't light a fire under my ass, I would still be lying in that bed. "Come on, buddy," I said throwing his arm around my shoulders, pushing us to a standing position. "Let's get you out of this cold."

Without even thinking, I teleported us back to Vanessa's house.

Alaric

"Mommy, I'm hungry." I said in a small voice.

Oh no. Not this shit again.

I don't know why my brain clung to this memory.

"Go make something. I need to get some sleep," my devout mother said with a syringe sticking out of her arm on the couch. At the time I thought my mother was the most beautiful person alive. She had pale white skin with bleach blonde hair and the greenest eyes I had ever seen. On good day's her smile could light up an entire room while her voice was as sweet as honey.

Even though I was standing right in front of the TV, it was like she was looking straight through me. Our apartment wasn't much, two bedrooms, one bath. Not that it mattered. She spent all her time on the couch passed out, chasing a high that would never come. I couldn't even be mad at her in this memory, I was three and she was only nineteen. A classic case of teen pregnancy, which fell into a crippling heroin addiction.