Chapter 25

9 months Pregnant...
today me and Bruce are going to a Wayne charity ball. I am only a week off of my due date. Alfred is looking after the kids while we go as long with Lee and Jim who are coming over to help who are being Wyatt with them.
I stand in the mirror and look at myself. I groan.
"Babe I look like a beached whale" I say. Bruce comes out of the bathroom fixing his tie.
"Honey you look as beautiful as always" he says. I raise my eyebrows.
"You look amazing" he says kissing me.
"Your dress is beautiful and you are two don't worry" he says.

I smile at him

I smile at him.
"Thank you" I say. He rests his head on mine.
"Babe you don't need to thank me for saying a fact" he says. I wrap my arm around his neck and kiss him. He kisses me back before we pull away.
"We better go or we will be late" he says looking at his watch. I nod grabbing my purse and we walk out of the bedroom.

We walk down the stairs and see the kids hugging lee and Jim. Lee looks up at me and smiles.
"You look beautiful Selina" she says.
"I feel like a beached whale" I say.
Jim, Lee and Alfred laugh.
"You look amazing" Bruce says kissing my cheek.
"Well we better go" Alfred says. Me and Bruce nod. I walk over to lee and Jim.
"Thank you for looking after the kids" I say.
"It's fine now go and have some fun but not to much fun we don't want you going into labour there" she says. I laugh.
"Yeah well we should be back by 11" I say. Jim nods.
"It's fine we can stay as long as you need" he says.
"Thanks" I say walking out the door and get into the car.

Me and Bruce walk into the ball and see loads of people. I grabs Bruce's hand and we smiles at me.
"Mr and Mrs Wayne its good to see you" Lucias says to us. Bruce smiles.
"Thank you Lucias" Bruce says.
"I see that your going to be having your baby any day now" he says. We smile at him.
"Yes we are" Bruce says.
"Well I better go and talk to alfred then" he says walking away.

2 hours later...
me and Bruce stand and listen to the announcer speaking about the charity.
"Young minds is a great charity to help people with mental health problems..." the announcer says I don't hear much as I feel a sharp pain go down my body. I grab ahold of the end of Bruce's jacket.
"Hey you ok" Bruce whispers to me. I nod and smile at him. He turns back and listens to the announcer. After a few minutes I feel another pain go down my body.
"Selina do you want me to take you and Bruce back home" he asks. Bruce holds my hand. I nod.
"Ok" Bruce says.

We walk out of the building and walk over to the car.
"Are you ok is it your back again" he asks referring to the back pain that I have been getting because of the weight of the baby. I nod. We walk a little when I feel wetness going down my leg. I stop and gasp. Bruce stops and Alfred turns to us.
"Selina what's wrong" Bruce asks.
"Yeah... my water just broke" I say smiling at him. He gasps and looks Down. Alfred runs over to us and grabs my other hand.
"Let's get you to the car" he says. We walk back to the car and get in. Bruce gets in and holds my hand.
"Can you call Lee and tell her to get things ready" I say and I tighten my grip on Bruce's hand as a contraction goes down my body.
"I will do that Selina" Alfred says as he drives. Bruce hold my hand.
"It's ok breathe in and out ok" he says. I breathe in and out and lean back into him as he holds my hands.

We pull up to the manor and get out. I see the door open and Lee and Jim run out.
"How far are the contraction" Lee asks as she takes my hand.
"Every 2 minutes" Bruce says.
"Ok we are going to help her up the stairs" Jim says. Alfred and Jim stand next to and she wraps her arms around the back of their necks. They lift her up with their hands of the back of her thighs. They walk through the door and up the stairs.
They bring me into the bedroom and set me down on the bed. Lee and Bruce run in after us. Bruce runs over and takes my hand.
"Ok Selina I need you to put on something else ok can everyone leave except me and Bruce" she says. Alfred and Jim nod and then walk out of the door.

After we get me changed into a short nightgown I lie on the bed with my back on Bruce's stomach. He hold both of my hands as he whispers soothing things in my ears.
"Ok Selina the baby is crowning so I'm going to need you to push ok 1... 2... 3" she says. I hold Bruce's hands and push Really hard.

After 20 minutes the baby is almost here.
"Ok Selina this baby boy is almost here so one more push. 1... 2... 3" she says. I push and hold Bruce's hands.
"Come on baby" he whispers. I feel a huge relief comes over my body and I put my head back on his shoulder. I breathe out as he laughs with joy. I hear a cry and I cry.
"You did it Babe" he says kissing my cheek. I look forward and see Lee cut the umbilical cord. She cleans the baby off and hands him to me.
"Hi baby" I say. Bruce puts his head on my shoulder. I have tears streaming down my face.

An hours later once the placenta was delivered and disposed with I sit in some new pjs and sit with my new son in my arms as Bruce rest his head on mine. We hear a knock on the door and we see Alfred stick his head in.
"Can we come in" he asks.
"Yeah" Bruce says. He opens the door and Jim and the boys walk in.
"Look at that" Jim say. The boys runs over to the bed and get on.
"Boys I want you to meet you new baby brother" I say. The boys look at him.
"He's so small" Timothy says.
"He was just born an hour ago bud he's going to be that size for a little while" Bruce says.
"What's the little Minx's name" Alfred asks. Me and Bruce look at each other.
"We would like to introduce Jason Wayne" I say. Alfred smile at us.
"Little Jason" Jim says as he wraps his arms around lee.
The boys come and sit closer to me. Me and Bruce hold them as we look at Jason. And we saviour this moment even though we know there is going to be many more.
What I didn't know was I was going to have that moment 7 more times.