Chapter 18

Over the month and a bit that me, Bruce and the kids have been back life has been getting back to the ways it was before we left. Me and Bruce, the bat and the cat have been decreasing the crime rate by a lot. The criminals have been getting more scared of us so don't commit crimes as much. Damien has been sent to kindergarten and let me just say that boy is smart. Definitely Bruce. Over the weeks the boys have been sick. We think that Timothy had a stomach bug and passed it on to Richard and Damien because they where sick not long after him. Even Alfred got it and Alfred is like never sick. Bruce did catch it last week so me and him haven't been out at night the past week. He told me to sleep in the guest bedroom but I told him no and that I was sleeping in the bedroom with him.

I wake up and see Bruce sleeping soundly. I put my hand on his head and check his temperature. He wasn't to warm but he wasn't cold. I kiss his head before I get up and walk down to the kitchen and get him some food.

I walk into our bedroom and see Bruce sitting up and reading a book. I pass him the food and he smiles at me.
"Thank you" he says. I sit on the bed next to him.
"How are you feeling" I ask.
"Better" he says. I smile and kiss his head.
"Let's hope you don't get it now" he says.
"If I do I don't care because I know I will have you to look after me. And if you don't I will punch you" I say. He laughs.
"Well you won't have to punch me because I will look after you no matter what. Like I promised in the study" I smile and look at the nods that are phrased in glass above the fire place.
"And also what I promised at the court house" he says. I smile at the day. The day before we left for Switzerland.
"Well you should be able to do some training in a few days so we can get back out there" I say. He nods.
"Now eat your food and go back to sleep. I'm going to spend time with the kids" I say kissing him.
"I love you" I say.
"I love you to" he says. I smile before walking out of the room.

I walk out to the garden to see he boys playing with Phantom.
"Mommy is daddy ok" Damien asks.
"He is fine Kitten he is just a little sick" I say.
"Is it what Uncle Alfred had and we all had" Richard asks.
"Yes but he should be fine in a few days" I say sitting down with them.
"Mommy can you be the Queen in the game" Timothy asks holding a plastic crown out to me. I smile at them and take the crown.
"Yes I shall" I say putting the crown on.