Chapter 8

It was the middle of the night. Bruce and Selina where sleeping peacefully in their bed. Tabitha and Barbra where in their room sleeping and Alfred in his. Bruce wakes up to the sound of footsteps. He sits up a little.
" B what is wrong" she asks.
"Someone is in the house" he says getting up and putting on a shirt and some pants and PJ bottoms.
Selina grabs one of his shirts and puts it on with pants.
They sneak over to the door. Selina with her whip in her hand and Bruce with a bat.
They peek around the corner of the door and see no one.
"You get to the kids rooms" he says. She nods and they walk down the hallway with Bruce behind her. She looks into Damien's room and grabs him.
"Mommy" he says sleepy.
"Shh baby we have to be quiet" she says. He nods and goes back to sleep.
"Get to the twins room and lock the door" he says. She walks down to the twins room. Bruce goes in and checks that no one is there. He nods to selina. He walks to the door.
"B" Selina says walking over to him and kissing him.
"Be careful" she says. He nods and walks out of the room. He hears Selina lock the door.
He walks down the hallway with the bat in his hand. He turn the corner and sees Alfred with a gun in his hand.
"What are you doing" Alfred asks.
"I'm finding out who is in the house" he says.
"Where is Selina and the kids" he asks.
"They're in the twins bedroom" he says. Alfred nods and they walk down the stairs.
They walk into the kitchen quietly. Bruce feels someone move behind him and he sees a black figure running out of the kitchen. He runs after them Alfred behind them. They run up the stairs after the guy.
"Hey" Tabitha and Barbra says as they see the guy. Guns in their hands. The man runs and the girls and Alfred try and shoot the guy but he jumps out of the window. They run over to the window and shoot but miss the guy.
Bruce sighs when he hears the twins crying. He walks down the hall to the nursery.
"Selina" he says knocking on the door. The door unlocks and Selina flings her arms around him.
"What happened" she asks.
"Some Guys was in the house" he says. Selina walks over to timothy and picks him up.
"It's ok" she coos. Bruce walks over to Richard and try's to calm him down.
"You ok Damien" Bruce says. The boys walks over to his dad and hugs his leg. Bruce goes on his knees and puts on arm around Damien.
"It ok" he says. Tabitha, Barbra and Alfred stand at the door and look at them.
"Someone call Harvey and tell him what happened" Bruce says. Alfred nods and walks out of the room.
"We need to get you somewhere else tonight we don't know if he is going to come back" Tabitha says.
"We'll wait to see what Harvey says" Selina says rocking Timothy.

After a few minutes Harvey walks into the house with many police officers. Harvey walks over to the family.
"Uncle Harvey" Damien says running over to him.
"Hey bud" Harvey says hugging him. Harvey Russell's his hair before turning to Selina and Bruce.
"I'm going to need you guys to give a statement and the we are going to have police officers inside and outside the manor" he says.
"Thank you Harvey" Selina says. He nods.

After giving the statements Bruce and Selina walk into their room with Damien and the twins in their arms. They crawl into bed. The kids in the middle of them sleeping. Selina goes over and sits on one of the couches in front of the fire. Bruce walks over and wraps his arms around her.
"B I think we need to leave" she says.
"What" he says.
"Remember when we talked about us leaving Gotham with the kids and starting a new life. And I told you we were crazy... I think now we should because look at tonight someone could have died. It's not safe babe" she says. He hugs her tighter.
"We can talk about this in the morning but for now let's get some sleep" he says. She nods and connects their hands before walking to the bed.
Selinas puts her arms over Damien as he snuggles into her. Bruce smiles at her before they close their eyes and fall asleep.