Season 4, Episode 4 - The Break-Up (Redone)

Cut to the lunch room as Marley is trying to hide her free lunch tickets as Jake approaches. "Too late. I saw them," Jake said. "Saw what?" Marley asked trying to play it cool. "Your free lunch tickets," Jake said as he pulled out his own tickets "Sucks being poor. Before the recession, my mom was a real estate agent. Solid middle class. Now she's the only black waitress working at the Lima Country Club, taking orders from a bunch of rich old white guys who barely tip. And it kills me, she's working extra shifts to pay for my dance lessons." "Wait you dance?" Marley asked intrigued. "Let's just keep that between us," Jake said as Marley chuckled a bit as Blaine and Brittany watch them longing to feel that way again. "Oh young love," Brittany sighed. "Do you remember when you first started dating Santana and I started dating Kurt, back before everyone was so busy and so far away. Things were so much simpler. We had so much more hope and innocence. Every day was just like Valentine's Day," Blaine sighed watching Jake and Marley who were smiling and laughing. "We're still young. Shouldn't we still be experiencing those things?" Brittany said as Blaine sighed knowing she had a point. Kitty was watching Jake and Marley from a distance, none too pleased about how close the two were getting. She had to put a stop to that but how?

Cut to Rachel and Kurt's apartment as Kurt is making lunch as Rachel walks out. "Hey. Somebody slept late," Kurt said as he turned over an egg "It's lunchtime. Do you want a Croque Madame?" "We didn't go to bed till late," Rachel said honestly. "Thank God for earplugs," Kurt said relieved "I love you both but I don't want to hear any of that." "We didn't do anything," Rachel said saddened as Kurt looked at her surprised "He didn't even talk to me, we just, like, laid there." Finn then came out of the room as Kurt looked between them awkwardly knowing they needed to talk. "I'm gonna take this down to the park and watch drug deals go down," Kurt said grabbing his plate "It's good to see you again, Finn." "You, too, little brother," Finn smiled a bit as he hugged Kurt as he left the apartment leaving Finn and Rachel to talk.

"Um, so, are you hungry? Can I make you some eggs?" Rachel said awkwardly going by the food. "Yeah. Thanks," Finn grinned as he looked around the apartment "Wow, this place is awesome." "It's not the ideal neighborhood, but at least we can sort of see Manhattan," Rachel said as Finn nodded. Rachel then took a deep breath "I can't do this, Finn. I don't understand. I don't know what's going on. Why are you here and why aren't you in your uniform?" Rachel asked. "Because I'm not in the Army," Finn said as Rachel looked confused. "But I thought you said you joined?" Rachel asked confused. "I did. I was in it for 16 days until I accidentally shot right through my thigh," Finn said as Rachel gasped horrified. "Thank God it didn't hit any bone," Rachel said shaking her head. "I got a semi-honorable discharge and since then I spent the last few months back in Lima working at Burt's Tire Shop," Finn said as Rachel looked confused as to why he never called her once he got back "I'm sorry I didn't call you, but but I was just so embarrassed. I couldn't face you seeing me as a Lima loser." "Enough of this enough lumping around. All right, so what? The Army didn't work out. Plans change. You're here now, with me, in in the greatest city in the whole world and what a better place for you and I to find you a new dream," Rachel smiled a bit. "Like what?" Finn asked confused. "Well we talked about you working on your teaching degree. I know PACE didn't work out but NYADA has an amazing teaching program. I mean, why don't you come with me to all of my classes this week, and if you love it, then you can move in here and we'll spend the whole year just finding a way for you to get in," Rachel said. "You serious?" Finn asked shocked as Rachel nodded. "I love it here, but something has always been missing," Rachel said as she wrapped her arms around Finn "I let you go once and I'm not gonna let it happen again." The two then shared a kiss making like no time had passed at all since Finn had left her all those months ago.

Cut to Brittany's house where Brittany and Santana are doing laundry together. "I mean, I'm not jealous, I just think that it's insane that all Porcelain had to do to get an internship with Vogue.com is take photos of every ridiculous outfit he's ever paired with a Cossack hat, and a see-through raincoat and then show up at an interview where he is lauded as a visionary because his jodhpurs happened to match his riding crop," Santana snarked. "Well, you know, you could follow your dream, too. Your mom gave you that money and said you could go to New York, too, if you wanted," Brittany suggested. "I like being in college," Santana shrugged "My schedule is crazy but I love being a cheerleader and I like the idea that I'm never more than a few hours away from you." Brittany smiled a bit as she yawned. "Can't you do laundry at school?" Brittany asked. "Mm-mm. My first week there, I heard a rumor that all the water in Louisville is just purified runoff from the Kentucky Derby stables," Santana said shaking her head. "Nasty," Brittany frowned. "But more importantly, I promised myself that I would only do laundry at home, that way, no matter how busy I got, I would be forced to come home every few weeks, and then I'd get to see you," Santana said as Brittany yawned once again as Santana looked at her concerned "Are you okay? I mean there had to a reason you told me I needed to come home immediately." "Yeah, sorry. I've just been really tired but it's all for a good reason," Brittany said as Santana looked at her confused "We're having a baby."