Season 2, Episode 9 - Starts With Goodbye (Special Education Redone Part 1)

Kurt made his way solemly to the choir room as Mr. Schue was making an annoucement. "Kurt, good, I want to talk to you about this amazing idea I had for a solo for you at Sectionals," Mr. Schue grinned. "Can I make an announcement first?" Kurt asked. "Yeah," Mr. Schue smiled as he took a seat, giving Kurt the floor. "First, I wanted to thank everyone for what you did at my dad's wedding, especially Finn. It's nice to know that I have great friends here as well as a true brother. Which is why it's so hard for me to leave," Kurt said solemnly as the Glee Club looked dumbfounded. "What do you mean, "Leave?"" Quinn asked confused. "I'm transferring to Dalton Academy... immediately. My parents are using the money they saved up for their honeymoon to pay for the tuition," Kurt said upset. "Kurt, you can't leave," Tina frowned. "What the hell, dude? How about you talk with me about this first?" Finn said as he got up. "I'm sorry, Finn, but there's nothing to talk about. Karofsky's coming back next week, so that means I won't be," Kurt sighed. "We can protect you," Sam objected. "Seriously, we can, like, form a perimeter around you like the Secret Service," Puck agreed. "Yeah," Finn nodded. "The only thing that can really protect me is what they have at Dalton, a zero tolerance, no-bullying policy. It's enforced," Kurt said as Mr. Schue nodded "Um, does this mean that you're going to be competing against us at Sectionals?" Rachel asked as Santana held up a hand to quiet Rachel. "Kurt..." Mercedes frowned as she walked up to Kurt as he started to cry as he slowly walked away "Sorry. I have to go," Kurt said emotionally as he left the choir room for the last time picturing himself performing the Carrie Underwood hit 'Starts With Goodbye'.

"I was sitting on my doorstep. I hung up the phone and it fell out of my hand but I knew I had to do it and he wouldn't understand," Kurt sang as he looked back at his devastated friends in the choir room who can't understand why he's leaving, particularly Finn who seemed not to understand in the least. "I know there's a blue horizon. Somewhere up ahead, just waiting for me. Getting there means leaving things behind. Sometimes life's so bittersweet. I guess it's gonna have to hurt. I guess I'm gonna have to cry and let go of some things I've loved to get to the other side. I guess it's gonna break me down like fallin' when I'm try to fly. It's sad but sometimes moving on with the rest of your life starts with goodbye," Kurt sang as he left McKinley High and starts to head to Dalton Academy, slightly afraid for what lies ahead, he arrives to his room and starts to get himself dressed in his newfound Warbler's Uniform as he continues to sing. "Time heals the wounds that you feel. Somehow, right now. I guess it's gonna have to hurt. I guess I'm gonna have to cry and let go of some things I've loved to get to the other side. I guess it's gonna break me down like fallin' when I'm try to fly. It's sad but sometimes moving on with the rest of your life starts with goodbye. I guess I'm gonna have to cry and let go of some things I've loved to get to the other side start with goodbye. Like fallin' when you try to fly. It's sad but sometimes moving on with the rest of your life starts with goodbye," Kurt sang out as he finished getting ready and looked at himself in the mirror, taking a deep breath, ready to start off his new life as a Dalton Academy Warbler.

Cut to the teacher's lounge where Mr. Schue placing tickets to sectionals in front of Miss Pillsbury. "House seats to Sectionals?" Miss Pillsbury asked excitedly. "Those things are hard to come by. Scalpers are getting like, five bucks for 'em," Mr. Schue joked "I, however, as coach of one of the competing teams, get two, and I would be honored if you would be my plus one. I mean, you being at Sectionals is kind of a good luck charm for us." "I would love to," Miss Pillsbury smiled. "I mean not that we're gonna need any talismans. I have a killer set list planned. First..." Mr. Schue began as Miss Pillsbury cut him off. "Hm, lemme guess. Finn and Rachel are gonna do a ballad, right? Followed by the kids joining in with a classic rock number, where Mercedes will belt out the last jaw-dropping note," Miss Pillsbury said as Mr. Schue looked shocked. "H-Have you been going through my desk?" He asked. "It's what you always do," Miss Pillsbury shrugged. "Every team tries to showcase their strongest players," Mr. Schue argued. "Look, just seeing your kids do their Rocky Horror thing; it really reminded me of how much talent you've got in Glee Club. Quinn has a beautiful voice, and Mike Chang has dance moves that are to die for," Miss Pillsbury said honestly as Mr. Schue thought about it "Look, I'm sure that you know what you're doing, I'm not saying that. Everyone has picked you as favorites for Sectionals; you won your Sectional last year. It's just, I don't know, you guys used to be the underdogs, now you're a real team which is wonderful. You're a constellation of stars. I would just hate to think that you might be ignoring some of them, because they don't burn quite as obviously bright." Miss Pillsbury noticed the look on his face as she bit her lip "I've said too much," Emma said. "No, you said just enough," Mr. Schue smiled.