Season 2, Episode 4 - Duets (Redone)

Mr. Schue entered the choir room in a rush. "All right, let's, uh, let's gather around. Sorry I'm late, guys. I was with Principal Figgins. Bad news, guys. Puckerman's in juvie," Mr. Schue frowned. "It really was just a matter of time," Tina said flippantly. "What did he do?" Quinn asked seeming in shock. "He drove his mom's Volvo through the front of a convenience store and drove off with the ATM," Mr. Schue said as some of the members of the Glee Club laughed. "And when is he getting out?" Rachel asked. "Unknown," Mr. Schue said shaking his head. "He might be the dumbest person on this planet, and that's coming from me," Brittany giggled. "Guys! Let's have some sympathy," Mr. Schue corrected them. "For a guy who put his needs before the team's? We need his voice and his bad-boy stage presence," Finn frowned. "We can't look at this as, as a crisis. It's an opportunity," Mr. Schue said. "For what? Further embarrassment and humiliation?" Quinn asked mockingly. "For welcoming our new member... Sam Evans!" Mr. Schue said as Sam entered the choir room much to the surprise of everyone, especially Finn who had wanted him to audition before this.

"Hey, everybody. I'm Sam. ... Sam, I am. ... And I don't like green eggs and ham," Sam said as he shook Mr. Schue's hand. "Oh, wow. He has no game," Santana said coolly. "Okay! This is gonna be great. You're not going to regret joining, Sam," Finn grinned as he got up. "Oh, good," Sam said. "Sam, you sit right here," Finn said as he offered Sam a seat next to him which Sam took.

"All right! Question for the group. What's a duet?" Mr. Schue asked as Rachel's hand shot up. "A blanket," Brittany said. "A duet is when two voices join to become one. Great duets are like a great marriage. The singers complement each other, push each other to be better. Now, some people may think..." Mr. Schue began explaining about duets when Kurt leaned over to whisper to Mercedes "Pssst! He's on team gay. No straight boy dyes his hair to look like Linda Evangelista circa 1993," Kurt whispered. "You're crazy, circa 2010," Mercedes whispered back.

"And that is what duets are all about. So, this week I want you to pair up and sing a duet. And, since you guys all seemed to love our little "Defying Gravity" diva-off, I'm making this a competition," Mr. Schue said. "What's the winner get?" Mike asked. "Dinner for two, on me... at Breadstix," Mr. Schue said as the Glee Club had a collective gasp, they couldn't have been more thrilled that it would be a dinner at Breadstix. "Breadstix, yes!" Tina grinned as the Glee Club chattered excitedly. "I have to win," Santana said. "I know," Brittany agreed. "Who you gonna sing with, Kurt?" Mercedes asked Kurt as Kurt looked at Sam hoping that he had found his duet partner.

Cut to Sam at his locker as Kurt approaches him. "Hi. I'm Kurt Hummel," Kurt said introducing himself to Sam. "Hey," Sam smiled as he shook Kurt's hand. "I just wanted to personally welcome you to the glee club," Kurt said. "Thanks," Sam said. "Just tell me," Kurt said as Sam gave him a confused look. "Look... maybe at your old school, you could get away with the whole "I just stayed in the sun all summer" excuse, but I have three gifts: my voice, my ability to spot trends in men's fashion, and my ability to know when it comes from a bottle," Kurt said. "I don't dye my hair, dude," Sam said shaking his head. "Yes, you do. But it's just between friends. That's not natural," Kurt said. "I'm gonna... go... 'cause you're kinda freaking me out," Sam said awkwardly as he turned to leave. "Wait, wait. Maybe my instincts were a little off. Let me make it up to you. Team up with me for the duet competition. Listen, unless you team up with Rachel, I am your best bet at winning," Kurt said. "Aren't duets supposed to be between, like, a girl and a guy?" Sam asked confused. "Well, Gene Kelly and Donald O'Connor would protest. ... "Make 'Em Laugh?"," Kurt said as Sam again gave him a confused look. "Sorry," Sam said shaking his head. "'Singin' in the Rain.' 1952. Nothing?" Kurt asked as Sam still looked at him dumbfounded as Kurt muttered "Okay, maybe you are straight." "What?" Sam said confused. "Nothing," Kurt said quickly "Listen, rent it. And then look up the menu for Breadstix online, and call me, because we are gonna win this." Kurt then walked off to head to class, feeling good about his partnership with Sam coming through.