Chapter 38

So, I've officially moved into my NEW HOUSE. Beginning to actually feel like an adult, now. I'm staying with my best friend and roomate Alyssa:) The move has been insane, and extensive- a mess up in paperwork can cause a LOT of problems. I've worked on the next 5 chapters in this story, and plan on posting them all ASAP, as soon as they're edited. Again, I apologize for the wait, readers. :) XOXO Enjoy. 

Chapter 38 

     (Isaac's POV) 

    "Oh my god.... what have I fucking done..."

     I ran into the bathroom, throwing on my pants and grabbing a towel. I nearly fell over my own feet trying to rush back to her, wrapping the towel around her neck, trying to stop the bleeding. It began staining through almost immediately....fuck......

     "Goddamnit it, Jocelyn, where are you...." I nearly screamed.

     Almost as if it were a sign, the door burst open, Jocelyn rushing in with a small medical kit. She knelt down beside me, looking over Claire, her red hair falling into her face. She took a deep, shaky breath, as if clearing her head, and quickly tied her hair back into a bun. She grabbed the nursing kit and began shuffling through, finding numerous bandages, throwing uneeded objects to the side.

      "Hold this here..." She ordered, placing a bandage over her neck, "and apply pressure."

      Her neck felt so delicate around my strong hands..

     She was so pale now, her face completely flushed of color. I grit my teeth...

      "Jocelyn, we're losing her!!!" I yelled, snapping up at her while she grabbed a syringe from the medical bag. She rushed over, flicking off the safety top off and exposing a needle, a droplet of water hanging on the end. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at her questioningly. 

     "I'm giving her a numbing shot. I've got to close her neck..." She said, flicking the bubbles out of the syringe with slightly shaking hands. I leaned back to Claire, furrowing my eyebrows and cursing myself. If we lost her...I would never forgive myself. I adverted my eyes as she injected the numbness into Claires bloodied neck. Jocelyn, her carefully pale and long fingers grabbed the materials from her case, needed to sew up the wound. I cringed as she began, and looked away once more.

      "She's going to be okay..." Jocelyn said, breaking the heavy breathing sounds and thick tension in the air. I still didn't feel able to release a sigh of relief. She finished up stitching her wound, and began cleaning the blood around her freshly closed neck. 

      "Her heart rate is so slow..." Jocelyn said, mostly to herself, feeling Claire's limp wrist. I ran a hand through my hair... "She'll make it, Isaac."

       "Thank you..." I said, almost in a whisper. My heart was still about to explode out of my chest. I tried to calm myself. 

        "What happened....." Jocelyn asked, her voice timid. I exhaled. 

      I kept racking my brain for how I could've fucking avoided all of this... Claire was innocent in all of this. Why did I choose her... why the fuck did I decide to ruin this poor girls life? Because I was fucking selfish... because I was a fucking coward. I couldn't face Brody and stand up to him.... FUCK.

No.

I did what I had to, to get Jocelyn back. She's the love of my life..... I did what I had to... I couldn't tell if I was reminding myself, or trying to convince myself that was true...Claire was just......the price I had to pay to get my Jocelyn back.