Chapter 36

Chapter 36 

(Claire's POV)

     The subtle rays of sun that shone through the window began to fade as Isaac's shower went on and on. 

     If it would've been anyone else in there for this long, (an hour an a half to be precise) I would've told them to hurry the hell up. But since it was him... I enjoyed him being in that separate room. The sound of the running shower and the steam seeping under the wooden door was somewhat soothing; if It were possible to be soothed at this point in my situation. 

    Suddenly, something heavy dropped in the bathroom, echoing through the small house. I jumped and spun around. I heard a muffled, "shit..." and sighed. Just Isaac; probably dropped a shampoo bottle or something. 

    I sat back down, and ran fingers through my tangled hair. I decided to braid it, trying to occupy my time, and my mind. 

    (Isaac's POV)

       Oh mmyy god........ My thgouhts are runnino;n g together, and Ij kjcan't even focussss at thisss ponit//./.y. My thoughts are osoo jumbled... 

    I shook my head to get the swimminess from my brain as I stepped out of the shower, roughly drying myself off. Focus, Isaac. Where did you put it. 

     I hadn't fed in weeks; I was starving and dangerously weak. I kept shaking my head to clear my vision. I took a hand to my jaw, rubbing the soreness from where that little bitch had punched me... If I wasn't so weak I wouldn't even have felt it. But I did. 

    FOCUS.

     I was scrambling on hands and knees, running my hands over the tiles on the floor. Finally, they met with one slightly raised above the rest. I grabbed a screwdriver from the counter and began prying it up as quickly as I fucking could.

     It cracked around the edges, and I lost patience, and just ripped it up with my barehands. I threw it to the side, and it made a loud thump against the wooden panels of the walls. 

     I reached down into the hole that was hidden underneath the tile. My fingertips met a cold metal surface, and I immediately pulled it out; a shoe-box sized metal container. My vision started blurring again, and I shook my head. 

     I ripped off the top of it, and gained tunnelvision as soon as I saw the deep, mahogany crimson blood bags in front of me.... I grabbed one, piercing it with my fangs and drank it in. 

    I had to contain myself before I started moaning like a horny little bitch in here..... I felt the blood begin to restore some of my strength and energy..

    Before I could feel completely full, I felt a tug. The bag was empty.... fuck. I tossed it to the side, grabbing another, and repeating the process. The scarlet honey began dribbling out the corner of my mouth and I hurriedy wiped it away. I sucked this one dry as well; my third bag, I think.  

(Claire's POV)

    After my french braid was finally finished, looking pretty damn good if I do say so myself, I felt my stomach rumble, so I took the liberty of adventuring through the house. I turned the corner, entering the kitchen. I opened the fridge, seeing it almost bare. I sighed, but grabbed one of the water bottles that lined the bottom shelf. I turned to glance at the cabinets; hopeful. 

    They opened with a creak, and a small little mouse scurried out of the way and down onto the counter, slipping between the baseboards." AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!" I screamed and hopped onto one of the chairs.

(Isaac's POV) 

     Sighing heavily, but still starving, I reached my hand into the box to..........

     ..no..... It was empty....that was it??? that's all that was left???????? FUCKING 3 BAGS AND THAT'S IT. I was in a fucking rage; I was in my full feeding zone; there was no reasoning right now. Instincts had kicked in once I started feeding and I couldn't control myself.. I took deep breaths and tried to ignore the little heartbeats from the other room. I grabbed my head in my hands... slightly rocking back and forth..

     Calm down, Isaac...bring your feeding rage down....it's alright......just calm down...... I tried calming myself down, to get myself out of the zone. It's easy to do usually, but since I was so weak my instincts were fighting it harder. I felt my heartbeat start to slow a bit, and I r-

       "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" A blood curtling scream rang out from the other room. Something inside me snapped and my instincts completely took over at the sound of her scream. My emerald eyes darkened to almost black, and my fangs grew longer than they ever had before. 

      My Prey was in the other room................

  (Claire's POV)

   Oh my god, Claire, you look so stereotypical right now... I almost laughed.

  Suddenly, Isaac bursts into the room, busting the door down, a towel around his waist, his chiseled body still glistening with water, his hair dripping down over his forehead. I met his eyes and gasped.......

     "Isaac...?" 

     His eyes were black, like a sharks, and his lips were stained crimson. His entire body was swollen up, veins sticking out everywhere, especially on his huge biceps and neck....

     "Isaac what's wrong with you..." I said, gently stepping down from my chair and taking a step behind it...

     Without a word, a whoosh of air hit me, and I blinked  my eyes once to see him standing directly in front of me.

     "How did you........" I stuttered. Before I could breathe he struck out one of his hands, grabbing be by the throat. 

      "Issac!!!!" I said, my voice cracking and struggling through his grip. He pinned me against the wall. I struggled, but he took his other hand and pinned both my wrists above me. I tried to kick my legs out against him, but he took his body and subdued me against the entire wall. I was completely trapped.

      Tears started to seep out from the corners of my eyes as I coughed and tried to breathe. 

     "Shut. The fuck. Up."  He growled, gripping tighter. He brought his head down to mine, and turned my head so that my neck was facing him..

     fuck fuck fuck "NO!!! ISAAC STOP!!!!! Please!!!" I screamed, to no avail. His tongue lashed out and ran up the side of my neck, right over the tender areas under my jaw. I shivered. 

     "I've waited forever..." He murmured.