Chapter 10: Trust

Start from the beginning

"Yes and my answer is still no!"

My breath quickens as he held onto my waist. He was so tall, my neck hurt from looking up at him.

"He didn't try to flirt with you, did he?" He ask moving his face closer to mine.

"Ugh, I don't even want to think about his flirting" I groan.

I couldn't concentrate on anything but his face which was way too close to mine. I tried to think about anything else other than him so he couldn't smell my arousal.

"Why didn't you tell me you were an Alpha?" I ask trying to distract myself from his lips that were inches away from mine.

"What difference does it make? You still won't accept me" the dismal look he gave me made me feel guilty. I didn't want to hurt him.

I move my right hand to stroke his check gently. He leaned into my touch.

"I don't know your name" I say after some time.

"Dominic" he says.

"I'm Salina" I tell him and he smiles.

"I know"

A knock on the door made us move apart slowly. He told the person outside to come in.

There entered Jordan and his other friend that tried to drag me away earlier. I crossed my arms and gave them a disapproving look.

They bowed their head at both of us and gave me a morose look.

"You called us Alpha?"Jordan ask Dominic.

"Well go on" Dominic order. They turn to look at me.

"Luna, we are so sorry for our behavior. We were take our jobs very seriously especially with the Vampire threat. We accept whatever punishment you give us" they told me sincerely.

The name Luna feels so weird and it makes me feel so old for some reason.

"I accept your apology. I don't have any punishment To give you so you may leave. Also I hope you can keep my identity as Luna a secret" I tell them.

They thanks me and quickly left. Once they did, I turn back to Dominic.

"Since we have mutual interest due to the vampire situation, I'll be seeing you a lot" he mentions moving closer to me but I took a step away from him.

"I have to go and no, I'm not moving in with you so don't think about forcing me" I began. "But you can come over to my place sometime"

My last sentence brightens his whole face. I like to see him happy. I gave him one last look and walk out of his office. I went to pick up Wes. Harriet gave him too much candy that it made him sugar high.

•••••••
It was about 10:30pm and Wes was asleep. I spent my time reading. Amora barged into my room with Jerome.

"Are you the traitor?" Jerome ask me.

"Give it a rest Jerome! You've been going around the whole pack asking everyone!" Amora exclaimed.

"Whatever! Anyway, Amir is throwing an 'I survived a Vampire' party. Amora and I are going" Jerome says.

"A what?!" I laugh. Only Amir can do something this dumb! I'm just going to sit and watch them all get into trouble while sipping tea and giving out a bunch of 'I told you so'.

"Not gonna lie, he throws the most lit parties"  Amora says giggling as well.

"The Alpha is going to be mad" I warn.