Chapter 2 ~ Why Can't I Get Just One Kiss

~"Day after day
I will walk and I will play
But the day after today
I will stop and I will start"~
-Violent Femmes - Add it Up-

Like the song choice? Yeah that's coming up
again later in this chapter ;)
Casey Xx

We all climb into the rover and wait for the garage doors to open.

"She's too good for you!" Raven says to Bellamy, obviously referring to Gina, and I couldn't help but smile.

"Careful, Clarke might melt her..." Jasper says maliciously

"Hey-" Monty starts

"Forget it Monty. Let him be in an ass of a mood." I deadpan

Once the doors were finally fully open, Octavia gallops into view on Helios (who had to stay far away from Venus, because I was not going to be looking after tiny horses any time soon). She looked comfortable in her grounder attire, hair hair was braided and she wore a genuine smile. The first real smile I'd seen in a while.

"Try to keep up!" She shouted, breaking me out of my trance. How the hell could I lose focus like that because of one person. How!?

Raven starts up the rover, and we leave Arkadia following Octavia.

It felt good to finally get out of camp again. I mean, yeah I was due to leave again in a few weeks, but looking at metal every day was starting to drag.

"Oh no, if your going to ride shotgun you can't just disappear." Monty says, once again breaking me out of my trance.

"Fine." Jasper says, unplugging his ipod and plugging it into the rover.

"Jasp-" Monty starts

"Let him do this" Bellamy says.

"Why can't I get just one kiss.
Why can't I get just one kiss.
Believe me there'd be somethings that I wouldn't miss.
But I look at your pants and I need a kiss..."

Jasper starts singing. Everyone, including Monty was smiling. Miller decided that he was a drummer and was drumming along to the beat of the song.

"Why can't I get just one screw,
Why can't I get just one screw,
Believe me, I know what I'd do
But something won't let me make love to you..."

Raven, Miller, Jasper and I sing. Bellamy looks over at me and smiles. This is how we should be, laughing and smiling like this.

"Day after day
I get angry and I will say

That the day is in my sight
When I'll take a bow and say goodnight.

So don't shoot, shoot, shoot that thing at me
Don't shoot, shoot, shoot that thing at me..."

Jasper gets up and opens the hatch on the roof and screams. I wanted to take a picture of this moment and frame it; it was just so perfect. Everyone was happy, even Jasper, which was a huge step up from this morning.

Then without warning, Monty gets up and turns the music off.

"Hey that was the best part..." Jasper whimpers.

"Tracking beacon from the ark. Sector 8. What's protocol say?" Monty says

"Protocol says we go back, let the Chancellor decide what to do" Raven replies calmly.

"Screw protocol. Monty is from farm station, so is Millers boyfriend." Bellamy says

"What do you says boys, up for an adventure?" I say with a smile stretching across my face.

"Let's go." Monty says

"You have to ask?" Miller says with a laugh.

Octavia opens the back door to see why we've stopped, but sees a bunch of grinning faces instead.

"Looks like I missed the party." She says looking a little disappointed.

"Why do think I left Venus behind" I say flicking a braid over my shoulder.

"Because your a lazy son of a bi-" Raven starts, but I cut her off.

"Thank you Raven." I say throwing her a look, but she just laughs at me. Bitch. I guess that's why Raven Reyes is one of my best friends.

"Where are we going?" Octavia says, ending mine and Ravens staring contest.

"Sector 8." Bellamy replies

"Azgeda territory." She says with worry laced in her voice. No matter how hard she tried to hide it.

"Try to keep up." Bellamy says with a laugh before Octavia shuts the door and climbs on top of Helios once more.

Then we set off, on our adventure to Azgeda.

Authors note : I wasn't going to update today, but I saw that Warrior Sister hit 700 reads and I got really happy, so I wrote a happy chapter for you all!!

This was just a short, happy little filler chapter, the next chapter will be quite long.

This was literally 5 minutes of 3x01. I am actually going to cry.

It's a damn good job that I love writing this book.

Leave any questions you have here and I'll answer them for you!!

Leave a vote and comment

Casey Xx

(Word Count : 809)