"Not really," Lauryn replied. "But, I don't know. It's starting to feel like I have the words 'I'm pregnant' taped across my forehead."

"Hey, it's okay," Toni reassured her. "We have your back, and I promise, FP will be fine. Happy for you, if anything."

Lauryn gave a nod, trying to assure herself also. "I just hope Sweet Pea's watching out for himself, and that he's not getting involved with the Snake Charmer."

"I wouldn't bet on it," Fangs stated quietly, before glancing at his sister. "We don't always have a choice. But, seriously, don't worry about it."

"What if the baby's born and he's still involved in that stuff?"

"If you tell FP, maybe he'll let him go. I've yet to be called in, too."

Lauryn scoffed. "If you think I'm gonna let you get involved as well, you've got another thing coming, Fogarty. Let me guess, Jared's with them, too?"

"He pretty much volunteered," Fangs said regretfully. 

"Of course he did," Toni said within a sigh. "Anything to be within ten square feet of drugs. Why are you with him, Fangs? He's draining you."

Fangs shrugged. "I love him, I guess. He can do better, I know he can."

Lauryn put a hand on his shoulder. "But the fact that he's not, even for you, says a lot, Fangs. We've noticed, and we're here for you."

"You sound insane," he laughed dryly. "Everything is fine."

"Do you want us to talk to Jared?" Toni offered, and Fangs shook his head frantically.

"No, there's no need," he insisted as he hung his head. "He's just goin' through a rough patch. He'll be fine. I just need to keep helping him."

"And that's fine," his little sister said softly. "But you need to make sure you're helping yourself, too."

"I'm fine," he promised, looking up at her. "But thanks, you guys. Lauryn, just make sure you talk to Sweet Pea, okay?"

"I will. He can't hide this from me."

Fangs took his bike keys out of his pocket. "I'm gonna go clean up Jared's apartment."

Toni raised a brow. "After the conversation we just had?"

"It'll help him get out of that headspace, Topaz," Fangs said. "Trust me, it's fine. I'll catch you guys later."

"Sure, Fangs," Lauryn replied uneasily. "Be careful, okay?"

When Fangs was gone, the two girls exchanged the exact same look of disapproval.

"You need to knock some sense into your brother, Lauryn," Toni suggested worriedly. "Jared Aleks is... a complicated case. I know Fangs has a big heart but he's gonna destroy himself."

"I hear you," Lauryn agreed. "I don't like to get involved in his business, but Jared has been acting weird lately, and Fangs just looks... drained."

"Looking out for him isn't necessarily getting involved."

Lauryn nodded as she finished wrapping the final gift. "You're right Toni, I'll talk to him."

"Or you could talk to Jared?"

"That sounds like a better idea, actually. Thanks."

"But, don't stress out about it, okay?" Toni squeezed her best friend's arm. "You've got a lot going on. How's the Ghoulie situation?"

Lauryn tilted her head. "Quiet. Not a single threat, which honestly worries me."

"You think they're planning something?"