|| TWENTY-FIVE ||

"You sure you're still up for it?" Jughead asked Lauryn who was absolutely exhausted. She had a rough night and eventually just sat on the bathroom floor to save her from having to get out of the warmth of her bed.

Sweet Pea was oblivious to it as he'd only heard her get out of bed once, and she had no interest in telling him how rough of a night she'd had. 

"Yeah, of course. Whatever it takes," she replied, her determination covering up the tiredness in her voice.

It didn't take long before they were back in the House of the Dead, and the familiar revolting scent of drugs and neglect drifted into their noses. Lauryn held her breath this time, as it seemed stronger.

This time, Archie came with them. Though Lauryn didn't exactly know what was going to happen, she had a feeling Jughead would end up making some kind of negotiation.

"Me and my guys wanna challenge you to a race," Jughead announced without bothering to express any introductions. Lauryn folded her arms in approval, ignoring Malachai's now unoriginal gaze on her. "If we win, Serpents remain autonomous, and you quit dealing at Southside High."

Malachai sniffed some escaped Jingle Jangle up his nose, escalating himself into a trip yet able to maintain consciousness momentarily. "And if we win?"

"We fold, and you can continue polluting the Southside with your little straws of death."

"So, the mighty Serpent Prince has some stones, but not much else," Malachai taunted, clearly amused by Jughead's bold proposal. "So, unless your Highness wants to put some of Daddy's territory out on the table or the princess' spawn, I got no reason to agree to this race." 

Malachai's declination was cut short by another Ghoulie dragging two young girls into the room where the Serpents were stood, and it suddenly got a lot more interesting.

"They were following me, tried to get in the garage," the Ghoulie ranted. The Serpents frowned, wondering what scheme had backfired.

"Veronica?"

"Betty?"

"Archie."

"Jughead."

"And Lauryn?" Betty furrowed her brows.

"What are you doing here?" all of them questioned.

"Wait, so these are your bitches?!" Malachai spat, putting two and two together and coming to the conclusion that the entire thing was an organised ploy.

"I beg your misogynistic pardon?" Veronica sassed. Jughead looked down with frustration, brushing Betty's look off.

"Why don't you take your skanks, and get the hell out of here?" Malachai suggested aggressively, his patience running thin. "Until you make me another offer, there'll be no race."

"If you win, we'll give you the Whyte Wyrm, and you can have Lauryn's baby." Jughead offered suddenly, losing his patience before he could think about what he was doing. He was desperate for a deal to be made, but that wasn't part of the plan.

"Wait, what?" Angel Face objected, cutting the crap as the others shared the same confused glances. "Are you insane?"

Veronica's arm brushed against Lauryn's as she understood what was going on, and she placed a hand on her shoulder. 

"Hang on," Jughead pointed to her while still looking in the opposite direction, a definite plan cooking up in his mind. "You'll get your mascot and you can expand your drug dealing horizons and upgrade out of this literal hellhole."