We're Finding Hope In The Hopeless

{Song: Devil's Night by Motionless In White}

It's been about a month since I've seen Chris. I stopped hanging out with the band as Chris had decided to stay friends with Ricky. I couldn't handle being around him so I decided to go back to work. Thankfully, the store didn't require much from a four month pregnant lady.

I stacked the boxes from the new shipment in the back room and waited impatiently for the store bell to ring, signaling that Ricky had come in. I heard it but unfortunately Raven spoke the greeting. I glared at the clock hoping time would move faster and Ricky would be here sooner. I had an appointment again and I was hoping to arrive early.

Finally, the bell chimed again and Raven said nothing. My pale skinned, black haired boyfriend stormed his way through the store and into the back room. He grinned and I rolled my eyes, holding my arms out for a hug.

"About time."

"Traffic." Ricky kissed me quick before leading me out. I checked out and kissed Raven's cheek.

"Will you guys find out the gender?" She stood in front of the door preventing us from leaving.

"Actually we want to wait." I smiled at Ricky and he wrapped his arm around me a little tighter.

"Why? What about names?!" Raven pouted and I laughed.

"We're stuck between Porter or Scarlett. Porter can fit either gender so it doesn't matter much." I shrugged and Ricky nodded. Raven seemed satisfied with our answer and let us through.

We arrived in the doctors office and I waited for my name to be called. I cringed when the lady called out my real name and growled when Ricky and I earned a few judgmental stares from other upcoming parents. Are a man and a woman with black hair, makeup and black clothing not allowed to have kids?

Dr. Levi smeared the smelly gel over my stomach and we watched the monitor. My eyes stung at sight of our child, alive and breathing, on the screen. Ricky grabbed my hand and squeezed tightly. I smiled up at him and I could see that his eyes were glazed over.

"Well congratulations, you're having a-"

"We're actually waiting to find that out." I interrupted her and smiled politely.

"Oh, well in that case, I guess I'm the only one who knows. The baby is doing wonderful so far." She smiled and shook our hands before leaving. I left to clean up and on the way home, I had an insane craving for Taco Bell. Ricky rolled his eyes but pulled in to buy me what I wanted. I chomped down on the burritos the rest of the way home.

* * * * *

"Ricky, are you ready?" I glanced at the clock and tapped my boot before finally walking into his bedroom. He was pacing the room and had his hands in his hair, ready to rip it out.

"Babe, what's wrong?" I walked over to him and removed his hands from his hair.

"I'm afraid of seeing your parents again and telling them about the baby." He had a genuine look of fear on his face and I smiled before kissing him.

"It'll be fine. They know everything about us, except this, and they forgave you just like I did. It'll be alright, I promise." I rubbed his back and he sighed. Eventually, he nodded and I attempted to fix his hair before we packed our suitcases into the car.

Claire agreed to drive us and be at the airport to pick us up when we returned. I hugged her goodbye promised to take her to Vegas next time I went. She rolled her eyes and laughed.

"I promise!" I grinned at her and hugged her one more time.

"Flight 28 to Las Vegas, Nevada leaves in 20 minutes. Please make your way to Gate 5." Ricky pulled me away from Claire and we quickly walked to our flight. I still wasn't a fan of flying but the drive was too far. I tried to calm my nerves but I couldn't seem to sit still in my seat.