12.2: Bizzarodale

"Hey guys

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

"Hey guys." I chirp as I walk into La Bonne Nuit. "What's up?"

Veronica shakes her head. "We're officially dead. That, or we're about to have our kneecaps broken, courtesy of whoever this mystery buyer is." She says in an annoyed tone.

"Does that really happen?" Reggie asks. He looks over to me and I shrug.

"I've combined my liquid funds from Pop's and La Bonne Nuit." V explains. I look over her shoulder. "We're not even a quarter of the way there." She blurts.

Reggie leans in. "Is robbing banks still a thing?"

I look up at him. "I was thinking that too!" I say, Reggie and I high five as V rolls her eyes.

"Although the thought of being Velma to your Shaggy and Daphne sounds intriguing." I scoff at Veronica's statement in a joking way, "Banks have round the clock security guards with guns." She adds.

Reggie nods. "Yeah, but if they're anything like my dad's lame-ass security guards-"

"That it!" I scream. "Reggie, you're a genius!"

"I am?" He says raising a brow.

I nod. "Your dad keeps cash at the dealership, right?"

He nods, catching on. "Yeah, in a safe. Enough to make up the difference probably."

Veronica stands up. "I'm not going to let you two steal from Reggie's own family." She scolds.

"That dealership is my legacy, so technically, I'd be borrowing money from my future self." He says.

I turn to look at Ronnie. "And everything is insured, thanks to me, so Mr. Mantle will get a sweet payout." I beam.

"Which is more than he deserves for all the shiners he's given me over the years." Reg mutters. I give a sad smile, remembering freshman year and him always coming over covered in bruises, spending nights and nights over until he recovered.

Veronica looks between the two of us, "This is lunacy." She says. She slowly takes her glasses off, looking at us; "But it might be inspired lunacy." Veronica smiles. "How would we get it all done?"

"My dad's security guard is only on duty as night, after closing." Reggie begins.

"So Reggie could hit the lock during lunchtime, when Mr. Mantle is at Pops with a customer, trying to close a sale." I continue.

Veronica stands up, stepping closer to Reggie. "You could wear a Gargoyle Mask, so as not to get recognized." Veronica says. "And I, of course would come with you, as we're in this mess together."

Reggie pulls her in. "You can be my baby driver. Just please don't scratch my car." The lock lips and I gag.

"I'm here too you know!" The two split, looking at me. "What am I gonna do?"