4: The Midnight Club

The game Gryphons & Gargoyles is taking over Riverdale

The game Gryphons & Gargoyles is taking over Riverdale. It seems as if me, Veronica, and Betty are the only ones who are sane enough to not play.  Victoria is still with Mel & Sam. We decided to keep her with them, adults, while my friends are all going ballistic over the game.

Oh, I hope SP isn't playing.

Cheryl and Toni, however, are. I don't even want to know if Fangs is. Betty and Alice are now offering me to stay with them, and I might take up on that offer. Alice would let Tori stay too, but there's seemingly already enough babies roaming the house.

Betty and I walk into class, seeing Veronica and Hermione here too. We eye each other, sitting in our seats. Jughead plops down in his next to Betty, me sitting behind her.

"Two students have taken their lives. A third tried. The common thread linking these tragedies, all three victims were playing the game known as Gryphons and Gargoyles." Hermione says. She looks at me and I give a sad smile.

Jughead the dingle head that's one day gonna kill us all speaks up, "Wait, so you are admitting the game killed Dilton and Ben?"

"Yes, Mr. Jones."

Betty leans forward. "But where did G&G come from? Where did Ben and Dilton even get it?" She asks.

Hermione walks in front of the desk. "Well, we still don't have many answers. But from the little that we do know about it, the game seems targeted at impressionable developing minds." Many kids in my class roll their eyes.

Before she can continue, the speaker fills the room. "Can we have Emilia Blossom to the office. Emilia Blossom to the office, please." My classmates all look at my suspiciously as I stand up, grabbing my black leather bag and tossing it over my shoulder. My feet carry me to the office, where I see Alice Cooper, Sam, Mel, and lastly Victoria. My heart drops.

The office lady smiles. "The counselor is letting you all use her room to talk." She tells us. We all nod, walking into the room. Mel is in jeans and a red shirt, while Sam is in a band tee and a studded jacket.

I'm first to speak. "Where are the kids?" I ask.

"With my parents." Mel smiles. I return the grin, nodding in understanding.

Alice sits, rubbing her hands on her pants. "Emmy, Mel and Sam told me everything." I suck in a breath. "And I'm not mad, if that's what you think." I nod, confused on where this is going. "However, I talked to them, and we decided it's best if you and Victoria stay in Polly's old room. Polly is in fact residing in the basement right now, so her room should be perfect for you and Tori, at least for now."

My smile grows wide. "Alice, I'd love that!" I wrap my arms around her tightly.

Maybe things won't be so hectic.

I was wrong. Alice takes me and Victoria home, and we make dinner and then she works on a paper while I work on homework. Betty walks in, standing by Alice. "Dr. Curdle Jr. told me, Em, and Jughead that the circumstances of a Dilton Doiley's suicide felt oddly familiar to him." She begins. I look up from my math, tossing my eyes at Victoria, who's sleeping in a bouncer. Betty tosses a folder down, causing me and my aunt to jump. "That file is why." Betty sits down. "A case from when his dad was coroner."