22.2: Survive The Night

"Wait, I still don't get it

"Wait, I still don't get it." Archie says. "Chic got red hair because Penelope's pretending that he's Jason Blossom?"

"Can we explore the craziness that is Oedipus Riverdale after we get the antidote and out of these damn woods?" Veronica groans at Archie. I look up at the red head, pursing my lips as we walk hand in hand.

"Maybe figuring out how all of this is connected is exactly what we should be doing." Jughead says.

I nod. "Jugheads right." I shrug. "Hal, my mother, Chic, they created this unholy trinity with direct links to everything bad that has happened in the last three years." I explain.

Jughead points to me in agreement. "It's like Jason Blossom's death begat the Black Hood, which begat the Gargoyle King."

"But the Gargoyle King existed before Jason was killed." Veronica says.

"Then it's a case of a serpent eating its own tail. It's a vicious cycle of never-ending madness that turns back on itself over and over again until someone breaks the chain." The boy with the beanie says.

While we're walking, Sweet Pea had finally ran to Thistle House. Cheryl and Toni were gathering up the Serpents and the Poisons. "Toni! Cheryl!" He shouts, falling to his knees.

The pink haired gang leader turns around. "Sweet Pea?" She rushes to his side. "What the hell are you doing out here?"

He pants heavily. "Emmy. Jug, all of them are out there."

Nana Rose wheels over, her eyes watering. "Emilia, my baby." She cries. She grabs onto Cheryl. "Bring her back to me." She begs.

"I promise, Nana." Cheryl whispers.

Toni looks around. "Poisons! Serpents! Let's ride!" She looks down at Sweet Pea, holding out a hand. "Lead the way."

We approach another station.

Only one of us left.

"Looks like it's my turn." Betty whispers.

"Hey," Jughead says. "I love you."

She looks up at him. "I love you too." She says, kissing him. I hold Veronica in my arms as she leans on my shoulder tiredly. Betty approaches the rock, unraveling a box.

Which holds a gun.

We all look up, the Black Hood creeping closer. Betty takes the gun, holding it to her side. Hal takes off the mask, looking at his daughter. "You know how this has to end." He says coldly. "You have to kill me, Betty. That's your heart, that's your truth. You can't deny your destiny."

Suddenly, they pull their guns on each other. "Don't make me do this, please." She says lowly.

"Either kill me and get the antidote, or I will kill you and your friends." He snaps. "You have till the count of three." Veronica and I share a worried look. "Either shoot me or I'll shoot you."