6.2: Manhunter

this chapter might be a little short

I go to the Cooper house and pick up Victoria soon afterwards

I go to the Cooper house and pick up Victoria soon afterwards. I sit in my car, looking in the rear view mirror as she kicks her little legs. "Oh T..." I sigh. I begin to start the car when I get a phone call. "Hello?" I answer.

"Em...Emmy?" Archie's voice asks.

My mouth opens wide. "Archie! Hey buddy! How are you?"

"I...I need to leave Riverdale. And..and I want you and Victoria to come with me." He says.

I start the car, beginning to drive. "Archie, I don't know, what about Ronnie?"

"He's going to kill me if I don't leave. You and Jug are the only two people I can trust, E. Please." He pleads. I look up at Victoria, who's babbling in the back.

Sighing, "Where are you?" I ask as I take a sharp turn.

I pull up to the Shadow Lake Hospital, hooping out and hugging Archie. Kevin stands behind him, giving a sad smile. "Jughead will meet up with us too." Archie says.

I sigh. "Okay." I bite my lip. I look at Kevin. "Kev," I jug him tightly, rubbing his back. "I'm gonna miss you."

"Remember me, your gay best friend since elementary school." I let out a sad laugh, kissing his cheek.

"Bye Kev." I say sadly. Archie hands me his duffle bag which I shove in the trunk with me and Tori's stuff, which I packed before coming to get him. I sit in the drivers and look at Archie. "You know, you're going to be a freeman one day."

He leans in the passenger, looking at the ceiling. "But Em, Mr. Lodge is going to keep chasing me forever and hurting the people I love until I finally drop. Until he's gone for good, I can't go back." A tear streaks down his cheek.

I sigh, "The train station, right?" I smile. "I have a plan to keep me undercover.

Archie's eyes grow wide. "What's your idea?"

And then I hold up the box of hair dye.

This is where we meet Jughead, where he calls Ronnie

This is where we meet Jughead, where he calls Ronnie. Jughead holds Tori as Archie makes the call. I bite my lip, looking into the bathroom mirror. I turn around, walking out of the bathroom, both eyes grow wide, Archie still on the phone.

"I'm not letting you go off God-knows-where and alone." Veronica pleads on the phone.

Archie sheds a tear, shaking his head. "I'm not alone."

I sigh, walking over to Jughead. "I feel so bad for him." I pout.

He adjusts Tori on his hip. "Breaking up with someone is never easy." He sighs. He checks his phone for the one hundredth time.

"Have you told Betty?" I ask him.

He shakes his head. "I tried calling, she never answered."

I purse my lips together in confusion. "Huh." We look back at Archie when he hangs up the phone. He sniffles as he begins to walk over. I jog over, hugging the guy tightly. He was my best friend. My brother, basically. He was my rock, my world. I'd do this for him, no matter what. I pull away, cupping Archie's cheeks. "Are you ready, Bubs?" I ask.

He sniffs agains. "Yeah." He sighs.

Jughead picks up his bag, putting it over his shoulder. "Some money, got some extra clothes, granola bars, juice boxes."

Archie looks at both of us as Jug hands me Tori. "Thank you guys for coming out here." He says.

I look up. "Are you sure you wanna do this, Archie?" I whisper.

"Leaving is my best option. It's my only option." He says.

Jughead sighs, "I don't disagree."

"Then you guys make sure you have everything, I'll get the car ready with the fake license plate." I beam.

I guess you could say this is a good time to sing "on the road again."

_________

super short i'm so sorry i didn't realize how much there was left