16: BIG FUN

I walk through the school halls

I walk through the school halls. Eyeing Kevin, who is showing Mayor Lodge why Heathers is a good idea. "Welcome to my school, this ain't no high school." I sing, patting Kevin's back. "This is the Thunderdome." I smile, waving to Hermione before walking to my locker.

A few minutes later, Hermione and Kevin walk out. "Are all of you this miserable?"

Kevin shrugs. "Well, there is Cheryl Blossom, floating above it all as Heather Chandler."

Ah, Heather, Heather, and Heather.

"She was a real mess after her breakup with Toni, but then she gave herself the role of HBIC. Veronica and Betty are playing the other Heathers, Heather McNamara and Heather Duke. Her twin sister Emmy playing Veronica Sawyer. But Cheryl's the mythic bitch."

I stand beside Cheryl's locker. "And you know, you know, you know, this could be beautiful." I sing softly.

Cheryl turns to B and V. "Mascara, maybe some lip gloss, and we're on our way." She continues. "Get this girl some blush. And, Heather, I need your brush. Let's make me beautiful." Veronica and Betty sing after her as Toni passes by. "Okay?"

"Okay!" The two sing in sync.

Suddenly the boys come rushing down the halls. "Out of my way geek!" Reggie sings.

"I don't want trouble!" Fangs replies.

Reggie shoves Sweet Pea. "You're gonna die at 3:00 p.m."

Sweet Pea bumps into the three girls. Cheryl glares at him. . "Don't you dare touch me. Get away, pervert."

I hug Pea tightly. "What did I ever do to them?"

Who could survive this? I can't escape this. I think I'm dying.

"And you know, you know, you know, life can be beautiful." Kevin sings.

I stand behind Betty and Ronnie, all three of us singing. "You hope, you dream, you pray. And you get your way!"

I hold Cheryl's hands as she sings. "Ask me how it feels, looking like hell on wheels!" We all stomp, looking at her. "My god, it's beautiful." We all sing beautiful after her.

"I might be beautiful!" Kevin sings.

"And when you're beautiful," Cheryl starts.

Kevin looks at all of us. "It's a beautiful frickin day!"

"Greetings Heathers family. Now before we start today, there's been a slight change to our creative team. You all know Evelyn Evernever has been helping me produce the musical." Kevin says. "But I've also asked Evelyn to step up and be my co-director."

Betty tries to interject, but it doesn't work.

Kevin looks at Evelyn. "How about we do a rundown of everybody's parts, catch Evelyn up to speed?"