22: Survive The Night

Toni and I had ran to the only place we could think of

Thistle House.

"There, there, Antoinette." My mother soothes. We were covered in dirt from the forest, and mother had given us a cup of tea. "Now that you've settled down with a cup of calming tea, why don't you explain this to me one more time?"

Toni looks up at her. "Mrs. Blossom, Cheryl is in danger."

" She's at the Farm with Betty, Kevin, and Fangs and Edgar Evernever. And he's harvesting organs from his followers." I continue.

"Oh, dear. Is that what he's doing there?" My mother hums. "Well, isn't it fortunate I was here collecting my mail at Thistlehouse when you arrived?" She looks between us. I feel my head becoming dizzy, the room spinning in circles. "And Betty's with him, you say?"

"Yeah, and, um, we need to go save them because we-" Toni suddenly drifts out of consciousness.

My eyes widen, "Toni?" I look back at my mom, her figure fuzzy. "What did you do to us?"

She pets my cheek. "Sleep, child." She whispers.

I'm out like a light.

I woke up, breathing heavily

I woke up, breathing heavily. I look around. This wasn't Thistle House.

This was the Hunting Lounge, on the Thornhill property.

I step out of the bed, seeing a large red dress on a mannequin, with a note ordering me to wear it. I furrow my brow, sliding on the dress.

When I step out of my room, another door opens. "Betty." I breathe, relieved there was someone else here with me. "What the hell is going on?" I hiss.

"I don't know." She admits. "Edgar was about to like, perform major surgery and suddenly I'm here." She gestures. "Where are we?"

"Another house on the Thornhill Estate." I explain. "Come on." I say.