12: Bizzarodale

I wrap my arm around Hiram as I assist him walking into his room

I wrap my arm around Hiram as I assist him walking into his room. "Be careful." I say, laughing. "You're gonna rip your stitches if you keep trying to run to your bed."

He chuckles. "Don't be silly, I just want to finish the paperwork for you to move into the Pembrooke. To be closer than across town."

I smile, helping him onto the bed. "Hiram, this is the nicest thing I think you've ever done for anyone." I laugh.

He shrugs. "Maybe." Hermione walks in, and I feel a mysterious tension between the two.

"I'm so glad you're finally getting a real home, with your real family." Hermione says as Hiram flips through the pages. "However, I want you to know my intention is to never try to be your mother, Penelope is your parent, and I will never try to betray that." She says.

I smile. "Don't worry. My horrendous Mumsy is too busy running an apparent brothel to even notice my disappearance." I say, Hermione raises a brow. "I'm kidding."

I totally wasn't kidding.

Hiram grabs a pen off his nightstand,
signing a line. "And here you go." He hands me the paper, and I loosely skim it, having read it before. I sign it with the red ink, my cursive name now on the page. "You're officially a resident again." Hiram beams.

I lean over, hugging him tightly. "Thank you so much." I say. I turn and hug Hermione as well. "I have to go see Pea, he's going to be so excited." I say with a smile on my face. I grab my things, and rush out the door. "Bye, sir!" I say to the man at the front desk, who tosses me my keys to my car."

Sweet Pea and I end up at his trailer that night, packing his things left over. "I can't believe this, Em. I've grown up in this shit whole, and then Thistle House, then back here, and now we're moving to the Pembrooke." He says, a grin on his face.

"What can I say? I'm a mastermind." I laugh. I hear my name called outside, and I give Pea a shrug before hopping out, going to talk to Fangs.

Little did I know, a Pussycat would walk in a few minutes later. "Hey, Sweet Pea." She chirps, stepping into his 1 room trailer. "I hope you don't mind me dropping by like this."

Sweet Pea adjusts T on his lap. "I'm always happy to see you, Josie." He says, looking out the window to see me and Fangs talking. "Especially if this is..."

"A booty call?" She says louder than needed.

"Wouldn't be the first one we've had since our summer fling ended." He adds.

She shifts on her feet. "Well, it's not." She awkwardly states. "Um, I don't know if you've heard, but my mom is getting married to Kevin's dad, and I wanted to know if you would be my date to the wedding." She says quietly.

"As your boyfriend?" Sweet Pea asks, his eyes shifting back to the window to see Fangs and I laugh loudly, another serpent walking over to join our conversation.