11.2: The Red Dhalia

I sit next to Nana Rose, who has Tori in her lap as Mother speaks

I sit next to Nana Rose, who has Tori in her lap as Mother speaks. Tori wraps her hand around Nana's finger, a red pacifier in her mouth.

"We are gathered, today, to mourn the passing of one of our own," Mother looks up, her eyes almost changing. "Betty!" We all turn around to see cousin, Betty Cooper, standing in the doorway. "Sweet, darling, Betty. You've come to pay your respects."

Betty is at a loss for words as she stares at my mom. "Well, Uncle Claudius was family, so..."

"Mourn with us, cousin." Cheryl says. I raise a brow in confusion. Claudius tried to murder us, what is there to mourn. Betty goes to sit by Nana Rose, giving me a closed mouth smile.

"Tragically, this ungrateful town never welcomed Claudius to its bosom. I believe that is why he committed the most cardinal of sins, taking his own life" My mothers eyes water, more than they ever did for my father.

Nana Rose looks at Betty. "Crocodile tears." She hisses. I giggle, covering my mouth with my hand as we continue the ceremony.

After the ceremony thing, I stand by Nana Rose as Mother walks over with a champagne in hand. "Why, Emilia, I didn't know if you'd come or not because of everything that's happened." She says to me with a sad stare.

"As hard as this is for all of us, I would never abandon my family." I put my hand on Nana Roses shoulder. "You're the ones who raised me, who fed me, who shaped me into who I am today. Not the Lodges." Mother gives me a sad smile before hugging me tightly.

"I knew you were the golden child." She says, cupping my cheeks with her hand. I watch as Betty awkwardly walks out, and I furrow my brow, walking over to Cheryl and Toni in the other room.

"What happened?" I ask.

Cheryl rolls her eyes. "Betty was diving her nose into something she shouldn't." She says bluntly. "Tell me, Em, what's going to become of us now that we're no longer blood?" She says in a cold tone.

I raise a brow. "Cher, you're still my sister. You have been for 17 years now." I say, flabbergasted. "Just because I'm suddenly twisted into another family doesn't mean you're not my #1." I grab her hands, and she lacks eye contact. "We've been Emmy and Cheryl since day one. Nobody is going to change that. Not Hiram, not Veronica, not The Serpents. Nobody."

Her eyes water as she hugs me tightly, a sob escaping her lips. "Don't leave me here, Emmy. Please don't." She cries. My eyes meet with Toni, who gives me a sympathetic glance.

"It's you and me, Cher. You and me." I say under my breath.

I meet with Ronnie at our fathers hospital room, nearly tripping on the lace of my dress. "Good timing." She says. "Nico, Leo." She calls out as we head towards the two capos. Veronica and I stand side by side as we look up at the two literal giants. "We're in a crisis. The mob underworld smells blood in the water, and we need to change the narrative." She states.