7.2: The Man In Black

The next morning, Jughead and I wake up and get up and ready within minutes

The next morning, Jughead and I wake up and get up and ready within minutes. I dress Tori in warm pants and a long sleeve yellow shirt, making sure the pink headband cover her ears. Jughead carries the stroller while I adjust the blanket I have around her. When we exit the barn, we see Archie. Taking care of hay bales.

He looks at us for a second. "Hey guys. You missed eggs and bacon for breakfast." The red head says.

Jughead looks around. "Meanwhile, you are literally moving bales of hay." I attempt to hold back a laugh, covering my mouth with my free hand.

"Yep." Archie grunts as he puts another bale on top of the one he just put down. "Feel free to help out, too, Jug. Emmy, the girls night need help cooking in the main house."

I scoff. "Sorry, Jug and I are heading to town."

"I need to take some pictures before we hit the road." Jughead adds on. "Remember? Like we said we would." Jugs green eyes explain boredom and annoyance towards Archie.

I take a step towards Archie as he hops off the trailer. "Are you gonna be okay here?" I ask softly.

The red head wraps an arm around me, kissing Victoria's head. "I think I'll be fine, Em." He kisses my cheek, smiling before walking off to grab another bale. Jughead and I look at each other, sighing before walking off.

We're down the road when he looks at me. "So, Sweet Pea knows." He sighs.

"Yep." I pull my bottom lip between my teeth. "He's upset. I think I broke him. Again."

Jughead stops, shaking his head. "Emmy, Sweet Pea was already broken when you met him. You can't say that you did it when all you've ever done is help him through everything the past year." He tells me.

"Jug I lied to him. For almost four months he's believed she's gone. When she's been right here this whole time!" I gesture to the cooing baby in the stroller.

"He'll understand, Em." Jughead's voice is soft as he speaks. "You two have always found your way back to one another."

I watch my friend walk forward, and I know he's right. Sweet Pea will understand one day, even if it's not today.

So I push the stroller, following the Serpent King.

_____third person POV_____

Sweet Pea and Fangs walk into the Pembroke, a red serpent jacket in hand as the push open Hiram Lodges study. He looks up, confused.

"What is it that you two need?" He says, clearly annoyed that they interrupted his time. He was signing a check he would have someone run to the bank. 40,000 dollars to Emilia Blossom.

Sweet Pea tosses the leather onto the desk, Hiram slowly picking it up. "Emmy is gone." His voice cracks lightly.

The man slowly stands from his desk. "What?" Anger, worry, and more all flood his body. "I talked to her yesterday, she's not-"