17.2: The Raid

"I drove past the building

"I drove past the building." Archie says to me and Jug. He's telling us about Mad Dog, what happened to his grandmothers and brothers home. "Mad Dog was right. I saw Gargoyles coming in and out like they own the place."

"How many?"

"A lot."

I sigh. "That must be where Kurtz is doing his cooking." I shrug, looking up at Jug.

"Well should we go to your dad?" Arch asks Jughead.

"No, that's the nuclear option. Remember?" Jughead replies instantly. "Besides, my dad doesn't even want us on the street."

I place my hand on Archie's arm. "We'll talk to the guys. See if they're willing to risk their necks against the Gargoyles." I shrug. "Or Mr. Jones for that matter."

"Well, count us in, too. Me, Mad Dog and the crew. They can fight. Every last one of them."

"More the merrier." Jughead smirks, wrapping his arm around me.

I smile at them both.

I sit on Peas lap, smiling

I sit on Peas lap, smiling. "For once you're all letting me in on a mission." I grin.

He rolls his eyes. "You're always on them, you just get hurt."

I shrug. "Same thing." I giggle before kissing his lips.

"All right, listen up." We both turn to look at Jug and Archie. "This is it." Jughead says. I stand up, walking over. "Thanks to Mad Dogs recon, we have a pretty decent idea of the layout of the apartment building. But we still need to be vigilant in there."

Pea and bangs on the door three times as I stand by Archie. "You sure you wanna do this, Em?" He asks.

I roll my eyes. "I'm not a baby." I tease.

The dork flies open and Pea and Archie take down the first two Gargoyles. I rush up the stairs, Jughead and Archie following suit. Jughead signals Archie's group to go on the first floor, serpents on second. I point to myself and Jughead points to the first floor. I look back at Sweet Pea, who kisses my head before stomping up the stairs.

Archie looks at me with a look I can't read, before leading me inside. The group follows us. A door opens, and Mad Dog gestures them to shut their doors. Archie stands in front of me protectively, and I roll my eyes.

Suddenly, we hear a loud gun shot, and doors swing open, Gargoyles attacking everyone in front of the doors. I scream as Archie and a Gargoyle fight, another one flying towards me.

I dodge the punch, hitting them in the side as they grab my jacket, throwing me against a wall. I kick them in the face, their body flying towards the ground. I fight off a couple more before Archie looks back at me. "Get out of here!"

My green eyes widen. "Are you crazy! We have to help Jug!" Mad Dog and Archie look at each other before rushing towards the stairs, me following close behind.

We watch a Gargoyle aim a gun towards Jug, when Archie takes him down. "You good, Jug?" The red head whispers.

"Yeah. Thanks." He replies. Suddenly the door opens and a LOT of Gargoyles pile in.

"I'll take care of them." Mad Dog says. "Go find that scumbag cook."

Archie and Jug don't question it before barging down a door. I look back at Mad Dog, who gives a slight nod before turning back.

The three of us walk into the room. It's dark and eerie. Guns loaded and bullets galore. "You gotta be kidding me." Jug breathes. Archie steps into a room, Jug and I looking over his shoulder. A cooking station. Jug turns away as I step further in.

Archie walks away, my eyes focussing more on the glass bottles, the dew from the drugs sinking to the bottom of each glass. Suddenly Jughead rushes by the room and I hear a loud bang. I rush out to see them tossing Kurtz against a wall. They zip tie his hands, dragging him out. "You go." Jug says. "I got Kurtz. Come on, Em."

I look back at Archie, who nods and I help Jug drags Kurtz form the stairs. "I find it sad I can take you down." I mutter.

"You know," Kurtz chuckles. "I'm ready to ascend. Are you?" Suddenly, Kurtz kicks the wall, catching me and Jughead off guard. The three of us go flying out the window. I feel my self let go of the boys, falling onto my back as Kurtz and Jug land side by side. My vision blurs in and out as I see Archie run to Jug.

"Don't let Kurtz get away!" Jughead shouts. Archie rushes after Kurtz as the Beanie headed boy stumbles up. He turns to look back at me. "Oh my god." He falls to his knees, cupping my head in his hands. "Emmy? Are you okay? Emmy!"

Everything goes black.

third person.

Jughead storms into his house. "You got guns now?" He hisses. "I just led my Serpents into a buzzsaw. It's a miracle that none of us were killed."

"You wouldn't be dodging stray bullets if you kept your nose out of my business." Gladys Jones replies. "I told you to stay out of it."

Jughead glares at his mom. "I think it's time you, Dad and I have a big talk. Put all the cards on the table. I don't care if his heat breaks. He needs to know why his goddaughter almost died and he needs to know exactly what you're doing."

"No, he doesn't." She growls.

The two of them contribute to bicker.

"You caught us by surprise tonight." Jughead says lowly. "That won't happen again. Slowly but surly Im going to choke your whole operation to death." He points to the door. "And if you think Im going to let you sit around and snicker about what happened to Emmy? You're wrong."

He walks away.

_______________________

when isn't emmy getting hurt tbh.