8: Outbreak

The man punches me in the face and I fly into the counter

The man punches me in the face and I fly into the counter. I growl, my heels tipping over on the bar as I charge, jumping on hums and wrapping my legs around him, my hands around his neck.

Punch.

Kick.

Toss.

Another punch.

Archie and Jughead rush out of the men's bathroom in terror, holding Tori as I fight the large man. Men and women cheering for my victory as the man and I scream and shout. Finally, I jump onto the ground, shooting my knee up, head butting him, and shoving his head into the wall. The large man falls to the ground, and cheers fill the room while I pant to catch my breath.

I stand up straight, adjusting my skirt as Archie and Jughead pull me out of the bar, barely letting me collect the cash I got from winning a fight with a 300 pound alcoholic. "Stop putting yourself in those situations when we're literally in the bathroom changing Tori's diaper." Jughead says.

It's been a few days since we escaped from Hiram Lodge. We traveled on foot, hitch hiked, caught some busses. We stop at bars now and then, which is when I pick fights with people and bet on who's gonna win with money.

I always win.

I huff, spitting the blood out of my mouth. "Here." I grumble, handing them 50 dollars each. "Let's get a ride and head to Ohio."

Archie sighs, patting my back before walking ahead of me.

We get to Toledo later that day, the driver who took us wrapped my hand and cleaned up the cuts. Tori babbles as I scoop her in my arms, setting her in the stroller which had been in the back of the truck. We approach the gate, seeing the name "The Jones Yard" on the front.

"Well, this is definitely the place." Jughead says. I smile at him, more than excited to see Gladys.

I had gotten along with the female Jones's . Gladys was like a second mom and Jellybean was my little sister. I was her second mom in a sense, too. I came over, played with Jellybean, fed her, babysat her. Gladys would help me with homework and let me spend the nights.

A man approaches from the other side of the gate. "You guys lost?" He asks. "Or looking to pick up some merch?"

I scoff, rolling my eyes. "Listen here, Bucko. I've already had enough fights-"

"We're looking for Gladys Jones." Jughead grips my shoulder, silencing me. Jug adjusts his sleeve, showing his tattoo. "I'm family. We need a place to stay."

Suddenly we hear an all to familiar voice. "Emmy? Jughead?"

"Jellybean?" Jughead and I say at the same time. We rush to the gate, smiling wide.

"Thought I smelled something rotten." She teases. She suddenly glares at the boy. "You heard him. Open the damn gate." I smirk, nodding in approval. I taught her well.