7: The Man In Black

note: this one might be a little short, and i'm sorry !

After a few miles, we abandoned the car and went on by foot, Victoria in a stroller in her onesie and a coat

After a few miles, we abandoned the car and went on by foot, Victoria in a stroller in her onesie and a coat. We had been going on like this for days.

"Maybe this wasn't a good idea." I sigh, looking at my sleeping daughter. "It's getting too cold for Tori to be out here. She's gonna get sick and-

Archie rubs my back soothingly. "Emmy, we will find a place to stay soon just don't freak out yet, please." He coos. I pull my lip between my teeth, nodding. Jughead hangs up at the phone booth, sighing. "Still no answer?" Arch asks.

I sigh, "Juggie, maybe to and T should go back. Something might be wrong at home." I say to him.

"Yeah, Jug. I'm fine. Emmy is here to help me too." Archie rubs his hands over his jeans, looking up at a skeptical Jug. "Really, dude, I'm gonna be fine."

"Archie, no offense, but Betty took down a serial killer last year. You can't go for five minutes without being kidnapped or getting the crap kicked out of you. That was before you were marked for death by Hiram Lodge." Jughead says. I snort a laugh, standing up and jogging to the phone booth.

The phone rings three times before someone answers. "Hello?"

"Sweet Pea." I breathe. My heart slowly begins to race. Maybe I should tell him. Who knows when he will see her next. Maybe he deserves to know. He definitely deserves to know.

"Emmy." His voice wavers as he sighs in relief. "Where are you? I've been calling ever since you disappeared. Everyone's worried sick about you." He tells me.

The feeling of heartbreak happens all over again. I put my hand against the glass, looking about my surroundings. "Sweet Pea, there's something you need to know." I whisper, a hot tear streams down my face as I look out the window, Archie and Jughead playing with a happy, groggy Tori. "Our daughter. She's um..."

"Emmy," He sighs. "Please don't bring up bad times-"

"No, Pea, you don't understand she's not dead, Sweet Pea." I rush out before I can stop myself. The two boys must've heard me cause they look back at the booth in surprise.

The Serpent stays silent for a few moments. "Wha...what?" He stutters out.

"I'm so sorry, Sweet Pea. I wanted to tell you but after the accident and how fragile she was and who her parents and family were she would be an instant target. I gave her to Mel and Sam to take care of for the first few months and I couldn't tell you." I sob. "I've been trying to keep her safe but Penny and the Ghoulies know, Hiram knows. Hell Im sure the Gargoyle King knows." I laugh under my breath. "Sweet Pea, I wanted to tell you but you started playing that stupid game!" I hit my hand on the booth, causing Tori to fuss.

Sweet Peas breath is ragged on the other line. "Where are you?" He mutters. "I'm coming to get both of you right now."

I shake my head, tears just pouring out. "I can't tell you that, Sweet Pea. I need to get her out of Riverdale." I cry. "I promise, Pea. As soon as she's safe I'll call you."