3: As Above, So Below

Fangs swings by my house, Cheryl and Toni out at the Quarry, leaving me and Victoria with the house to ourselves for the morning

Fangs swings by my house, Cheryl and Toni out at the Quarry, leaving me and Victoria with the house to ourselves for the morning. I told them that Victoria was a friend of mines and she needed a babysitter; me.

"She's so cute." Fangs coos, wiggling his fingers on her sides. The two and a half month old lets out a squeal, bursting into giggles. My heart churns, this is what my life could've been. My mind wanders. What would've happened if I told Sweet Pea? Would we have stayed together? Were we meant to be apart? Was Victoria just a gift that happened to plop into my world? I think about what Sweet Pea would be like as a father. He's never been very compassionate to many besides me, but I know he would treat her like the princess she is, just like Fangs does. Cheryl and Toni have met Tori a few times, Mel being there as well. Today, however, is Fangs's first time encountering her. His brown eyes are attached to hers as his smile only widens. My heart skips a few beats.

It's been three weeks since the incident with Ben happened. Betty and Jughead were thrown off to the maximum. We have no idea what's up with Griffins & Gargoyles, and why the hell people are dying because of it.

I sip my coffee, my sheer robe slightly dragging on the floor as I walk farther into the living room. "She looks a lot like Sweet Pea." I choke on my drink, hot coffee spilling down my chin. Fangs and Victoria look at me, Victoria letting out an odd "hmf" sound.

I walk over, placing her on my hip. "So, how are the Serpents?" I ask.

Fangs shrugs. "We're good. Same old same old." He picks up his jacket off the couch. "Want a ride to school today?"

I look down at the little girl in my arms, her big dark eyes stare into my green ones. She was beautiful. Her hair a reddish brown, almost mixing me and Sweet Peas. Her rosy pale cheeks make her small freckles more noticeable. "I can't, I actually have to bring this little one today. Principal Weatherbee said that the Child Development class needed a speaker for teen pregnancy so I'm speaking for me and my friend, Mel." I explain swiftly. Im not completely lying. I am talking about Mel's experience, except it's when she had Leo, nod Victoria.

He nods, chuckling. "I'll see you at school, Kitten." He kisses me cheek, walking towards the door as I stare after him.

What's up with all the nicknames?

Sighing, I make my way upstairs, Victoria on my hip.

Before school I sit across from Betty at Pop's, Victoria's pink car seat on the table as I rock her back and forth. Her black and white flannel diaper cover and red top causes Betty to giggle. "She reminds me of you." I bite my lip awkwardly, looking. down.

Veronica walks over, sitting next to me. "Thank god you guys are here." She smiles at Tori. "Along with the cutest little girl."

"How's it doing, V?" I ask, changing the subject.

She sighs. "I'm in trouble here." She looks at the papers in her hand. "I'm up to my eyebrows in bills. Pops is hemorrhaging money."

Betty leans over. "Well, how far along is the speakeasy?" I look over at the raven haired latina. "Is it close at least?" When I was last here, she was nearly done with the entire thing. Reggie and I had been assisting her to the maximum.