The day of accident

On a dark road, a man was driving car in a rage. He was on call, fighting with his mother to not meddle in his life or waste her money on detective to find his whereabouts. Her effort is a total waste since he will never consider her as his mother ever in this life, no matter what. He threw his Bluetooth off and speed up the car. He was furious and his mind was occupied with troubles. While he kept on mulling and accelerating the speed, he just hit someone before he could act. In panic, he stops the car and comes out to see what happened. There was a girl on road, lying unconscious and blood was seeping out her head. He immediately rushes her to the hospital. She had severe head injury, so he plans for emergency surgery and discusses the same with other surgeons. His name is Dr. Han Jong Yeon, 30 years old renowned neurosurgeon in the Hansang Hospital, Incheon, Korea, where she is being treated. Not only this, he even specialises in cardiothoracic surgery and his special interest has always been in saving patients with emergency condition. He is known for saving patients with less than 20% of survival rate, performing high risk surgeries with minimum failure rates and high accuracy report.
This girl on table in front of him is another big challenge for Dr. Han. He has always devoted his life in saving patients. He never expected that one day he will be the culprit and try to save his victim concurrently.
Dr. Han and his team starts the procedure and after tiresome 10 hours, finally all doctors comes out with great sigh of relief. They literally brought her out from brink of death.
During surgery, after 4 hours of effort the team had almost gave up on the patient, when she underwent hypovolumic shock, except Dr. Han. This patient was very crucial for him. At that moment he had a flashback to the time where he was at his father's funeral. Ten years back, he took oath at his father's grave that he will not let any patient die because of accident.
Flashback
Ten years younger Han at his father's grave ( thinking in his head): "I will try my best to save people's life so that their families don't have to go through what I am experiencing today".

Coming back to reality, his grief engulfs him totally. How will he be able to take the burden of killing someone when he is responsible for saving lives? How can a person who has taken oath to not let people die due to accident becomes responsible for hitting someone to death?
"Stepping down is not an option here." He tells himself and recommence doing what he is best at. He opens her chest open and prevents pulmonary hemorrhage. His effort finally encouraged his team to save the patient and their teamwork finally changed the impossible into a miraculous success.