Chapter 21: Give and take

Later, at home Amy thanks Han for his help giving him all her earnings saying that it's the little repayment of the debt she owes him. He feels devastated on hearing 'Repayment of debt', cause he neither let her feel that way nor he ever taught her to behave like this. Disappointed Han asks her straightforwardly who told her that she owes him anything. What made her feel like that? He simply states that she owes her nothing and its her money, so she should keep it. But Amy keep insisting him to accept it revealing that she planned it right at the moment when she realised that he is not her family so she don't want to be indebted and it feels as a heavy burden on her heart.
Han gets angry and yells at her, if this is the reason why she accepted the job despite his disapproval and the difficulties she faced during the shoot just because she felt bad accepting his help without paying for it. What he means to her? An assistant whose payment is due for which she anticipated to earn money. Amy couldn't understand why he is overreacting when she is just trying to help him the way he helps her. When did she said that she is paying for his job? He is always like a family and a best friend to her. Its just that she sometimes feels bad not able to help him enough when he does so much for her. So when she got the chance, she is doing her part. And it is Nurse Seo who taught her the give and take rule.
"If I can take your money, why can't you accept mine." Says Amy
On hearing, that Amy respect him as a family, he calms down a bit. He tells him that help is done to a person in need. He has a lot of money so she need not to feel burden over what he spends on her. Also, the give and take rule is not like "I help you and you help me back". Its business. She should rather be kind to everyone and volunteer helping hand to anybody whom she can help. Perhaps one day if he encounters any trouble, helping hand will reach him just because he helped her and she helped the person who can now help him out. So this way, indirectly everyone gets out of the trouble and nobody owes anybody. She learns the circle of kindness and decides to donate the money in student welfare programme which her academy runs. Han support her decision proudly. At that moment, he thinks to unveil the identity of the person who hit her with the car. The more he is getting closer to her, heavier the burden of reality torments him and he felt that this is the right moment to tell her. She trusts him so she will understand that he didn't deliberately do it. It was just a cursed time that such thing happened. He open his mouth and says; that if she think that he is helping her then she is wrong. The truth is that he is helping himself by compensating for the mistake he committed in his past. Amy didn't get a word and requests him to make it simple. Han explains that there is a rule people follow to remain a good person. "If you commit a crime, even by mistake, you should do as many good deeds that you can to weigh down your sin. I am increasing my good deeds to overshadow past mistakes I did. "
Amy barely understand anything but stops asking further thinking that he has gone mad and will again blabber some nonsense.