Chapter 23: Will Amy and Han separate

For a busy bee, month of ramadan came and it was her friends turn to ask her questions regarding her religion that she had no idea of. The only thing she knew was that she is a muslim who believes that Allah is the one and only creator of the world and prophet Muhammad is his messenger. She went to the mosque once where she saw people practicing salah and reciting Quran but never got a chance to visit again neither anyone made her curious to know more about her religion but this moment. She approaches a muslim scholar to learn better about her identity as a muslim.
Amy was not among the person who just practices custom for the sake of history. She always asked for a valid reason and then followed it wholeheartedly which was loved by her teacher who was just like her. Her teacher reverted to islam five years ago after getting in touch with quran during her studies. She was as curious as Amy is and always believed in in-depth knowledge before coming to any conclusion and as a matter of fact she changed to be a strong believer of islam. She patiently quenched all of Amy's doubt and had long conversation with her regarding their customs and culture. Amy took one month break from her work to understand islam, practice salah, recite quran and fast for ramadan. Han joined her to expand his own area of knowledge.
Ramadan ends and it was time to celebrate eid. She prepared wholesome cuisines, invited all her friends at home and dressed really pretty. Everyone enjoyed the feast and this time she answered everyone's questions they asked her about the festival. She also introduced Han to everyone, as her friend, her doctor and the landlord.
Next day, director calls her in the office for some private talk. He suggests her to shift to his company's apartment since it's not good for her career to share a house with a male friend. People may misunderstand her and start rumors of her relationship with him. Also, he don't want people to find out that she is undergoing some mental conditions or about her treatment plans. Amy declines his proposal saying that she cares the least about public opinion on her. She questions him why she should hide her truth. She is proud of herself who came this far with all her hardwork. She hasn't done anything wrong and Han is the person who stood by her side to overcome all her illness. It was only him whose support made her overcome her fear of flashlight and today she specially came to inform him that now she is ready for the night show they were anticipating, all thanks to Han. Director specifies that she understand her completely but he cannot explain this to everybody. She is a celebrity now and paparazzi will focus on her every move. People love gossips and any scandal may ruin her career completely. People would like to know where she lives and what will she tell them that she is renting a doctor's apartment. What will they think about our company that we do not take good care of our star. To deal with everyone's doubt and interrogation how many interviews will she give and how many will believe her. Will she have enough time and strength to work then? He acknowledge how much effort she put to fill the gap of her knowledge but her image is necessary for the company as she is a source of money many people's life depends on. In order to stick to her moral she may destroy many people's future. Also, why she don't want to accept the apartment when she has earned it. She asks why she should spent money on house when she is already living in a comfortable one. Instead she can help a homeless person to find a place to live. Wouldn't that be a great idea?
"That's enough. No one can beat you in argument. Company will provide you a house and you will live there. I can't let down the company's image just because of your stupidity. Once our agreement is over, live wherever you want." Director yells at Amy in frustration and asks her to leave.
Amy summarises the incidence to Han and he starts worrying about her. He wonders how will she manage living alone? Amy thought that Han is intelligent so he can convince the director to spend money in welfare of poor people instead of buying a house for her just to protect image of his company which is not needed, so his reaction came as a little disappointment. In her mind she thinks, just because she took his help couple of times he think that she cannot live without him. Amy asks directly what does his concern means. Does he think that she can't live independently? Does he consider her that weak? Han opens up that she mistook his intention. The fact is that she is still recovering from her trauma and has too much left to learn, so obviously she will need his help. Once her treatment is complete he will allow her to shift to her house. Amy gets annoyed and asks infuriously who is he to allow her on what she can do and what not. She is thankful for what he has done for her so far but that does not give him the authority to command her anyhow. Right at that moment she decides to move out and live on her own. She is determined to prove him how bogus his perceptions are about her.
Amy goes back to her room and sleeps while Han anxiously walks to and fro in his room. They are not sleeping together anymore since her condition got better but he still could not sleep unless once he check her sleeping cozily. Restless Han couldn't help but go to Amy's room to check before retiring to his bed.