Chapter17: Three kinds of love

In movie, there is a scene where husband asks his wife about real father of the child. Amy gets confused at this scene and asks curiously "Why this man is asking such a stupid question with an intense look. Has he got amnesia, or is he a real dumb to understand this simple fact that he is the father of the child his wife is carrying? It doesn't make sense. Seriously this movie is so illogical."
Lee explains to Amy that they had arranged marriage and never shared a bed together for her to get pregnant with his child. Instead she slept with her boyfriend and got pregnant before her marriage, so the real father of this child is her boyfriend and not him.
"What" shouts Amy in shock and asks Lee "Isn't marriage a factor for the child to be born? Do woman get pregnant by sleeping with man? Then does that mean that I am pregnant with Han's child?"
Han and Lee both screams "What?"
The three of them look at each other with a question mark.
Lee asks Han if he really slept with her.
Han clarifies that it's not what he is thinking. They did share a bed but only when she was scared to be lonely and they slept on two ends of the bed with two blankets with a large space between them. "Do you really think that I can do such thing to Amy? Questions Han to Lee.
Lee sighs in relief on listening to Han and soon starts laughing at Amy's silliness, the person who is still in bewilderment. Lee looks at her and comforts that she is not pregnant. Before she could ask Lee explains her that she understood his word in wrong way.
Lee: " You and Han slept separately on one bed. You guys shared a bed, like sharing a bed with friends and family. What I meant was, when a couple shares a bed, they consummates. They share body with each other feeling the love and trust they have between them making a soul together which later on is provided with flesh and bones as a gift from God that makes a child which the women bears in her womb. So, you are not pregnant. You shared a bed with Han and it's normal. I still jumps to my mom's bed whenever I need her, like when I am scared or feeling lonely or sad. It's alright. You are not pregnant. Okay."
Amy with an embarrassed look " I scared you guys for nothing"
Han while patting her head" You are still growing. It's okay." with a smile.
Amy: " Then, what is sharing body means? Can we remove our skin to give them?" She asks Lee.

Lee failed to figure out at that moment on how to explain it to Amy, so he looked at Han on how to get away with this, just then Han speaks-" It's sleeping together under one blanket with clothes off. Lovers becomes each other's clothes instead. And for further understanding we will discuss it when I teach you reproductive system but you are three chapters away from it, so now stop asking."
Amy: " I got it. But...."
Lee: " Now what."(on listening this BUT, he couldn't stop getting annoyed by Amy's curiosity and gets anxious about what she will ask next since every question is getting tougher to handle)
Amy(in a low tone and innocent eye, as if she understood that Lee is running out of patience): "Why we marry if we can have a family without getting married"
Lee: "You saw her boyfriend dumped her to marry a rich woman. Right. But a husband cannot cheat on his wife, otherwise he will get punished by law. Understood. "
Amy: " Ah! So marriage is like getting the copyright of your man"

Lee laughs at her statement but complementing her smartness to understand things quickly.
Later, he takes the departure once movie ends and Han and Amy sits for study. Amy keeps pressing her head time to time which Han observes and asks if she is unwell. Amy replies that her head feels too heavy adding that she misses nurse Seo. She used to give her head massage whenever she felt this way asking Han if he could invite her home too. Han highlighted that it's too late to disturb someone, instead, he is willing to do it for her. Han starts massaging her head along with quenching his curiosity by asking Amy what Lee has taught her about love so far.
Amy starts answering that Lee taught her that there are three kinds of love.
First is family love, which is bonded by blood, where love is shown in terms of respect to elders and care towards younglings. Second is friendship love which she shares with Lee where bonding is formed by sharing thoughts, helping each other and love is shown by having fun together. Third is the romantic love which is created due to excess release of serotonin, which gives a sense of well being, more endorphins, which are natural painkillers and more dopamine which increases pleasure. When we experience such feelings while being with a person, we name it attraction. If two person shares same feelings for each other, they decides to date and as they spend more time together, their brain releases oxytocin, the love hormone, which binds them together and when they realises that they can't live without each other they decides to marry and tie forever.
Han on listening to Amy couldn't believe if Lee really taught her like that or this was the only way that he could make Amy understand things. He laughs thinking on how much trouble he had been through to teach Amy. Han complements Amy that it's really admirable that she understood everything so easily, to which Amy confronts that she basically eat Lee's brain to understand the concept. Earlier he used many fantasy words like, butterfllies in stomach, mind on cloud nine, everything becomes pink and red, that she find hard to grasp so after trying a lot other ways this was finally how he made me understand things very clearly. Han already knew this and in her heart he says to Amy that this is not how he taught you but how you understand things and smiles secretly falling deep in love with her.
Han then seeks for the answer why she thought that marriage is a cause for childbirth and Amy responds that when nurse Seo was teaching her about family tree, she asked her what does husband, wife and mother, father means. She told her that when men and women marries, they become husband and wife and when they love each other too much, God becomes happy and gifts them a child in the form of son and daughter, in turn they becomes mother and father. That is why she thought marriage brings the child from heaven to earth. Han gets flattered on her innocence and jumps to kiss her head suddenly recalling Amy's slap on his face and snaps out of his fantasy before doing something stupid. He put his focus on massaging her head till she feels better.