That's what lead me here, sitting in the police cruiser, getting closer to Mike's house as we continue to drive.

When we finally reached the house, I was eager to get out of the car.

"Okay, I gave Mrs. Wheeler a call before we left so she should be expecting you. Please behave and try not to get sick." he says as he looks at me.

"Okay, see you later!" I say as I hop out of the passenger seat, shutting the door behind me.

Hopper rolls down the window shouting, "I'll pick you up at 7:30!" He rolls the window back up, waiting until I get inside.

I knock on the door softly and I am immediately met with Mrs. Wheeler opening the door. "Hi, El! It's nice to see you again!" I walk into the house, Karen shutting the door behind me.

"I actually have a hair appointment to get to, so I'm trusting you two to behave. He's up in his room so you can just head on up." she says as she gives me a sweet smile.

"Okay, thank you." I say as I start making my way up the stairs.

When I reach Mike's door, I notice it's slightly cracked open. I peek inside quickly, making sure it's okay for me to come in. After noting that it's okay, I walk into the room.

The first thing I notice is that Mike's asleep, with his lips slightly parted, breathing deeply. He's absolutely adorable when he sleeps. His hair is slightly matted down to his head as he sleeps with his face turned towards me.

I slowly walk to the bed, slipping my shoes off as I go. Once I reach the edge of the bed, I kneel down to be level with him. I use my dainty hands to delicately move the stray hairs off of his forehead. He lets out a low hum of pleasure as a small smile rises upon his pale complexion.

"Mike." I whisper softly, not wanting to wake him fully, but just enough to let him know I'm here. "El?" he asks groggily as he opens his eyes slowly and starts to sit his head up.

"Yeah, it's me." I say as I move my hand down to stroke his cheek, which I notice is feeling very warm. "What are you doing here?" he asks as he continues to look at me.

"Well I just thought that since you couldn't come to the cabin, I could come see you. Is that okay?" I ask a bit worried that I should've asked him first.

"That's perfect." he says as he lets out a wistful sigh.

A smile breaks out upon my features as I admire his adorable freckles.

"Can I come lay by you?" I ask a bit hesitantly, not sure if he would want to cuddle right now. "Um, yeah." he says as he scoots over on the bed a bit and we both notice that he's not wearing a shirt.

"Oh, um, I'm sorry. I just—Um I've been running a fever and it gets hot, but I can put on a shirt if you want. Sorry I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable or anything I jus—"

"Mike, it's okay." I say as I open the covers to let myself slip in. He immediately calms down, the blush on his cheeks not going away just quite yet.

I snuggle into his side, feeling the warmth of his bare skin beneath me. I slowly run my hand over his smooth torso as I wrap my arm around his body.

"Is this okay?" I ask, looking up to meet his gorgeous brown eyes. "Yeah." he says as he places a light kiss to the top of my head. I nuzzle closer to him, if that's even possible, as we both slip into a peaceful sleep wrapped in each other's arms.

We woke up a while later, both of us feeling extremely hungry. "Can I go make some eggos?" I ask as I stretch my arms above my head. "Yeah, could you make some for me too?" he asks as he rubs his tired eyes.

"Of course." I say as I place a small kiss to his cheek before getting up out of the bed. After slipping out of the warmth of Mike's arms and his flannel sheets, I am brought to face the cold of the house.

"Do you want a sweater?" Mike asks me as he notices me shiver. "Yes, please." I say as I wrap my arms around myself. He gets up out of the bed, giving me the chance to admire the skin of his torso.

I've never had the chance to see him like this, but I like it. He has freckles running up and down his back, something that I find absolutely beautiful.

He quickly slips a t-shirt on, more specifically a Star Wars t-shirt, before he goes to grab me a sweater.

He passes me a soft, light grey sweater. "Is this one okay?" he asks. "Yep!" I say as I excitedly pull the sweater over my mess of curls. Mike pulls me into a hug.

"Thank you for coming." he says as he holds me tightly. "No problem. I wanted to see you." I say as I nuzzle my face into his neck. He slowly pulls away, placing a lingering kiss on my forehead.

"I'll go make the eggos. Do you wanna find something for us to watch?" I ask as I stand in the doorway. "Yeah, see you soon." he says with a smile.

I make the eggos, drizzling some syrup on top to make them extra sweet. I carried the two plates back up to Mike's room. He was back in bed, laying down with his back against the headboard.

"Hey, I picked Star Wars, if that's okay with you?" he asks as he takes one of the plates from my hand. "Yeah, that's great." I say as I sit down next to him.

We spent the next few minutes eating eggos and watching Star Wars. After our plates were empty, I set them down on Mike's bedside table, snuggling into his side now that the plates were out of the way.

We continued to watch the movie, Mike making his own commentary as we watched each scene. I enjoyed listening to him talk, especially about something he was so passionate about.

We continued the movie in a comfortable silence, until the credits started rolling.

"Can I have a kiss?" I ask softly as I look up to meet his eyes. Did I really just ask that. That's kind of embarrassing.

He says nothing, lowering his head to place a kiss to my forehead. Is he joking? I want a real kiss! On the lips!

I pout at him, furrowing my eyebrows. I simply point to my lips, puckering them out to explain my message further.

"I don't want you to get sick." he says. "Please? I don't care if I get sick." I explain longingly. "Fine, but if you're sick tomorrow it's not my fault." he says, giving in. "Okay!" I say happily.

He presses his lips softly to mine, adding the smallest amount of pressure. We slowly pull apart, letting the kiss linger. We spent the rest of the night cuddling, until Hopper came to
pick me up.

We both had colds the next morning.

word count: 1651
a/n: I hope you guys enjoyed that fluffy chapter! please vote for this book and let me know what you think in the comments! requests are always open so feel free to make a request or give me an idea:)