Third impression

REMEMBER: VOTE FIRST!

November, Wednesday

Melanie

"I got some weed. You wanna come over so we can smoke? Maybe that'll make you feel better" Says Mayra over the phone.

I roll my eyes, and proceed to roll onto my stomach for the fifth time since I've been on the phone with her. My monthly friend has come to visit, and as usual, she doesn't come too happily. It's like she hates visiting as much as I hate her visiting.

"No. I don't feel like driving" I mumble into my pink, fluffy pillow. I hear Mayra say something to someone in the background and I roll my eyes again. I can already imagine where she is and what she's doing. She's at her dealer's house, giving him her special deal so that she can get free products. Oddly for some reason today, that bothers me.

I think it's because I'm on my period.

"You want me to come to your house?" She asks. And honestly right now, she would sound like a great friend if she wasn't offering me weed. If she wasn't offering to get me high so that I don't have to endure this pain any longer. Usually I don't find that the least bit rattling, because that's what the three of us do, smoke weed and get high. But today, I just find it cruel and uncaring.

"Are you crazy? My mother's home" I lie. There is no one home but me. Melissa, her children and my mother went out.

What the hell is wrong with me? Since when do I start lying lying to my friends just so I can get out of smoking?

"So? When did that ever stop you?" Mayra probes, reminding me exactly of the person that I am. The disrespectful child who does not give a care in the world. The girl who rebels against anyone who tries to control her. The girl that I don't feel like being right now. The girl that I honestly hate being if you ask me. Mayra just will never know, or understand that.

"I'm just not feeling it, alright?" I snap, first rolling to my side, then flatly onto my back. No position is comfortable enough for me right now.

"Damn, who pissed in your cereal this morning?"

Again, I roll my eyes. I'm dang near close to pressing on that red button on my screen. I seriously don't know why I kinda despise my best friend right now. She hasn't done anything wrong.

"Mayra I'm about to hang up" I push my fingers into my belly, praying and hoping that it'll relieve some type of pain.

"I think you need some d*ck!" She states carelessly. I just shake my head when I hear the male laughter in the background. She definitely has plenty of that around her right now.

"Did you not hear me when I said that I was on my period?" I frown.

"So? That never stops me. It's just a little blood" She laughs. I can instantly tell that she's on the road to highville. When she gets high, anything makes her either laugh or cry. It's usually a mess, but I somehow got used to it.

"You're just nasty. That blood stinks like—" I briefly stop when I feel my phone start to rapidly vibrate on the bed next to me, indicating that I'm receiving another call. I quickly pick it up to read the caller ID. My heart does this very strange thing after I read the name, and this random happiness instantly consumes me.