Graduation

REMEMBER: VOTE FIRST!

Epilogue

**Five Months Later**

May, Friday

Melanie

"Jeremiah Bryan Junior Davis!" Principal Klosebede says into the mic and the stadium breaks out in a loud roar.

I get up to my feet and scream senselessly for my man. "THAT'S MY BOYFRIEND!!" I jump up and down in excitement as I watch him walk across the stage to shake every faculty's hands. He's in all white cap and gown looking as delicious as ever with the huge, pearly white smile that he's wearing. He graduates as top ten percent!

Somewhere upon that stage, his eyes briefly search over the crowd of students until they find mines. He gives me a small wink just like he told me that he was going to. I scream even more, all the way until he gets completely off the stage.

"Jeremiah's your boyfriend?" The girl next to me asks as soon as I sit back down. I quickly turn to look at her with a huge smile on my face. Her face looks dry. And I almost don't recognize who she is under all the makeup.

"Yup" I respond proudly to the girl that used to be in the same weight training class as me. I vaguely remember Jeremiah spotting her a couple of times. But that was way before he and I even started talking. So I don't understand her dry face right now.

"Mm, I thought he was with Tati" She refers to one of her little friends that Jeremiah also used to spot in the training room. But I see what this girl is doing.

"No love, he was never with your friend. And I'm surprised you didn't know that he was my boyfriend. We won prom king and queen" I smile politely at her. "He even asked me to go to prom with him in the weight training room. I think you were there that day, am I right?"

Her nostrils flare in anger. She stares at me with so much loathsome in her eyes that if looks could really kill, I'd be deeper than six feet under.

"I don't want him back if that's what you're thinking. I've already had him" She says to spite me. Well not only to spite me but because it's facts. She's Jeremiah's ex from ninth grade. And I know all the nasty things about her.

"Really?" I stare at her with yet, another smile. The ceremony continues around us. Names continue being called, and people continue to shout proudly for their kids, but my focus is elsewhere right now. "Because your desperate messages in his inbox begging to get back together begs to differ" I cross my legs sassily.

Her jaw clenches "You know that I can have him back if I want to right?" She has the audacity to say arrogantly.

I let out a small chuckle "I'm sorry to break it to you love, but he wouldn't want you back even if you were the last woman on earth" I state truthfully. Her face turns bright red at my statement, but I'm not done. "You were too easy I heard"

"Bitch, don't pretend like you ain't a hoe. I heard about you!" She starts to shout angrily at me.

"I doubt that you've heard anything about me. And even if you did, who cares, we all have a past. I may not be proud of my past but I'm thankful for it because it made me who I am today, so gone and shove what you heard up your butt, girl" I wave my hand dismissively at her.

"At least I'm not banging men that could be my father" She throws at me and my heart drops. Yet, I'm not surprised that she knows because Marcus used to pick me up from school sometimes.

I almost explode at her, almost, but I quickly remember what Jeremiah told me two months ago. The enemy will use people to bring up your past and make you feel guilty, but just know that all has already been forgiven. He told me that if that ever happens, just be totally sure that I'm making progress in my relationship with God.