Unprepared

REMEMBER: VOTE FIRST!

November, Monday

Jade

Three O clock in the morning always appears darker than any other time. Perhaps it's because it is the time that I dreaded coming home. A home? Whom am I kidding? It doesn't even feel like it. I honestly hated coming to my small, hot, and still dark, apartment and knowing that there is absolutely no life there for me. The place where I should feel the most at peace and happy is my own personal hell.

I don't think I can bear it any longer.

"Mom" I call through the darkness of the place as I shut the door behind me. Light illuminates through the crack of her door, and I instantly assume that she's either using those flashlights that I bought or the candles. Either way, I'm just a bit happy that she isn't crying tonight.

"Momma" I call again, dropping my purse on the small couch I got from a yard sale. She doesn't answer, but I hear a grunt coming from her room, sounding almost as if she has a man in there with her. I bring a complete stop to my steps. My ears have got to be deceiving me because my mother is always too drunk for any action.

I slowly tiptoe to her room, careful not to bump into anything. As soon as I open the door, a loud, unexpected scream escapes my mouth at the sight. My body instantly launches into action.

"GET THE F*CK OFF HER!" I beat on the two men who have my mom sandwiched in between them. One taking her from the front, and the other from the back. I throw punches left and right, not caring where they landed.

"What the f*ck?!" The man that was in front swiftly move off her and backhand me onto the floor. I scream at the pain. Yet, my body does not remain on the floor. I quickly scramble back up to my feet and launch for the guy again.

This time he elbowed me in the stomach, stealing all the air from my lungs and sending me crashing back onto the floor. Tears escape my eyes from the pain. The man doesn't leave me on the floor for long because in seconds he's grabbing me from the floor and slapping me as if I'm just a doll. I scream with each, and every single slap.

I'm helpless because of the strong hold he has on my hair. I can't move an inch, even if I wanted to.

"Pleaseeeee, Floyd, stoppp!" I hear my mother scream, and the slaps instantly conclude. I fall back onto the floor with busted lips and a flaming face.

"Who the hell is she?" The man shouts in a monstrous voice. My body trembles in fear on the ground. His voice holds so much anger and venom that I just wish a hole would just open up and swallow me.

"S-she's m-my daughter"

"Then she can be the thousand" I hear him say before I feel two strong grips at my ankles. He drags me down to his level before I feel him force himself in between my legs, and instantly attacking my belt buckle.

"NOOOO! Pleasee Floyd, please, please, please" My mother cries, as I twist and turn under the man who's about to rape me. "Pleasee don't do it. Take me instead" she begs, sounding as sober as a person who'd been in rehab for ten years.

"Stop moving, b*tch" Floyd slaps me once more before encircling my throat with his large hand. "I can end you just like that" He squeezes against my windpipes, making it difficult for me to catch one drop of breath. I try to fight him off, but he's definitely way too strong.

"Y-you can bring five or six men next time. Please, not my daughter" I hear my mother sob, her voice full of fear.

"Shut up wh*re" Another loud slap rings throughout the room, and instantly I know that the other guy slapped my mom. Unlike me though, she doesn't scream. It's as though she's used to it.