Chapter 3: The Northern Heir

Start from the beginning

Continuing to watch the movie I ran my hands through Lee's blue hair. My attention was on the movie but I needed to do something with my hands, I tend to fidget a lot when watching TV or a movie.

After twenty more minutes of watching the movie John, my father's third in command came barging into the room. He was a bearded man with pale skin, not much older than my father at forty-two. On his right arm he had a tattoo with the allusion of ripped skin making it look like he had a cyborg arm underneath, he also had brown eyes and short black hair.

The scar that went over his right eye was harder to see in the dim lighting of the entertainment room. The scar was from the night that my mother was killed in an attack on our home when I was eight.

"What do you want?" I said rolling my eyes. "And how many times do I have to tell you balding idiots that this room is my space and you can't just come barging in here of your own accord without even a bloody knock!" I said annoyed as Lee sat up and motioned for John to speak.

"Your father wants to see you in his office. Now." He said keeping his usual emotionless face. "Ok. If that's all you can leave now." I gave him a fake smile and unpaused the movie. "I said now Rowan," he said this time with more aggravation in his voice than an annoyance. "And I said ok. That means you can leave now." I glared at him, daring him to challenge me.

"Now Rowan!" he yelled, finally catching the attention of everyone in the room. I paused the movie again and glared at him. "The last time I checked you weren't my father or Andy so I'd watch how you speak to me." I was getting aggravated. I know I was being difficult but I was tired of everyone thinking they could push me around today.

Everyone looked between John and Me. Lee and Luke looked ready to jump up and stop me from hurting him, the last thing I need is my father being mad at me for killing one of his inner gang members.

"Whatever," he muttered in defeat. "Just go see your father soon," he said and left the room.

"I swear to god if one more person tries to push me around today someone's going to die." I fumed standing up walking to the minibar and taking a swing from the vodka bottle.

"Rowan put the bottle down and go talk to your father. It won't kill you." Luke said from his spot back on the couch. "Yeah, but it might kill him." Mal said under his breath. I rolled my eyes

"Whatever, fine." I put the vodka bottle down and made my way towards his office, still dressed in my outfit from this morning.

When I got to the door I paused for a second, thinking about what he would want to talk about. This morning? Did he know about what happened at the docks?

Snapping out of my daze I knocked on the door and waited. "Come in" I heard my father's voice and opened the door. "Took you long enough Rowan." my father said with a smile on his face. I took a seat on one of the chairs wanting to get this conversation over with.

"What do you want to talk about dad?" I questioned giving him a bored stair. "I heard about what happened at the docks. Were you planning on telling me, or did you just want me to find their unconscious bodies in the basement?" he said giving me a questioning look, a smile still on his face. "Maybe." I shrugged.

"Well after hearing what happened I realized something," he said, not directly looking me in the eye. "What did you realize?" I questioned leaning forward in my chair. "That I've been unfair. After what happened with your mother and sister I've been afraid of losing you. And for some reason I thought that keeping you from this world, from this business that got your mother killed, I would be able to keep you safe." from where I was seated I could see what seemed like regret in his eyes.