thirty five

I adjust my tux one more time before looking in the mirror to check how I look once again. My hand reaches for the door to my room and I reveal my loving mother and Robin waiting for me.

"Oh Sweety! You look fantastic!" Mum chimes, her eyes becoming glossy. "Let me take a picture for your sister to see. Hold still."

I smile awkwardly until the familiar click of the camera notifies me to make my way downstairs.

"Goodluck son." Robin pats me on the back and hands me the keys to his car, Edward had taken Gemma's old one.

"Thanks guys!" I wave before leaving the house. I blast my music and pullout of the drive way onto the Main Street.

When I reach Jade's house, which I've been to a couple times before, she walks out in a stunning gown. Her mother trailing behind her heals. Her dress captures her bubbly personality and fits her perfect figure, how do girls do it? I jump out the the car to meet her half way.

"Wow Jade you look gorgeous!" I gawk as I get a better look at her. She blushes at my compliment.

"Thanks, and you look very handsome." Jade smiles. Before heading on out merry way, her mother snaps a few pictures.

I crack a couple of jokes on the drive there, to try and keep my mind off of what will happen when we arrive at the dance.

"You're pretty funny Mr. Styles!" Jade breaths in between laughs.

"Really?" I ask as I take her hand in mine as we enter the school gym for the dance.

"Yes!" Just as she says that, I see Niall with a hurt look on his face. He stands in a crowd of dancing bodies. Suddenly, I feel Jade's arms wrap around mine and her head leaning in me.

I walk around the crowd and into the center if to dance floor just in time for a slower song.

"May I have this dance?" I ask polity to my date, not helping but to blush a little.

"You may." She grins and places her arms around my neck. I put my hands on her waist as the two of us swat to the music.

"This is nice." Jade sighs, laying her head into my shoulder and closing her eyes.

"Yeah, it is." After all this time of chasing and trying so hard. It was finally nice to relax and spend time with someone who understands.

I don't know what happened the night of Homecoming, but some how Jade and I became a couple. I think we both wanted to get our mind off who we really wanted to be with. We were imperfectly perfect, two broken hearts that fit together in the strangest way.

{hey hoped you like this little twist of a chapter. I changed updates to we days and weekends because I have Sailing practice on Tuesdays and Thursdays, yes I'm on the sailing team.

QOTD: have you ever been to homecoming?

I need to go finish homework, wish me luck!

Thanks for 12,000 reads!

Xoxo Sadie Rose. }