Chapter 18: I'll be the one

Start from the beginning

"I told you!!"

I blocked Volker out because I knew he was right but I didn't have the force to hear him out now.

"I'm so sorry!!! I should have come sooner."

I should have been the one to be by her side but no, because of my stubborn self I might have lost my mate.

I finally got back to my sense as I saw my baby sister made her way out of the dungeon passing us. We didn't mutter a word as we were all shocked for our own reasons.

"She hates me."

Theo's voice came out of nowhere. It got me out of my thoughts so turned towards him. Oh man, that guy looked completely destroyed, he was about to burst in tears. I was only thinking about myself and forgot that he was being hated by his own mate, we were probably in the same case.

"Me too."

I voiced out, giving whatever support to my best friend. I didn't know who I was talking about by the way.

"Even if it wasn't for the good reasons, that girl is still alive so stop sulking; we still don't know who she is nor what relationship she has with Jess so when Jess will calm down we need to ask her what happened during those four years that she was away."

My dad cut us; he never liked us showing out our emotions outside of the family circle even if it was just us four now since we were officially on duty. Then we got out of the dungeon and separated ways.

I badly wanted to follow Theo to the pack hospital but went to my office to clear my head.

Fighting my thoughts, fighting Volker was already hard but the confrontation with my sister now will be complicated.

If I  sum up everything that had happened the last 24h:

-Theo found Jess unconscious with her supposed abductor,

-We put her in the dungeon and brought Jess to the hospital,

-I found that my mate was a criminal,

-To keep her alive, I tortured her,

-Jess woke up and told us that that girl had nothing to do with any of this.

So, in the end, we got back my sister and she brought back with her my mate; I should be the happier man right now but I messed up so bad-

"Jay! Come to the hospital right now, Jess is throwing a tantrum and we don't know how to calm her down!"

Theo screamed in panic in the mind link.

"Calm down expl-"

"There's no time for that."

He cut me off and blocked me out; what a wonderful best friend and beta. Anyway, I listened to him because it might be an emergency.

I finally arrived there and saw my sister crying and shouting at our doctors with Theo trying to calm her down but one glare from Jess was enough to make him give up and whimper.

"What's this ruckus all about!?"

I asked in my alpha tone, everyone submitted but it didn't faze Jess, at all; instead, she growled at me.

"Alpha; Jessica Gloria Rider, next in line for the title, wants to donate her blood to help a patient recover faster but her own health conditions are not compliant to bear with this procedure."

A doctor replied to my question with utmost carefulness with his word; he could have just said that she was too weak.

"So what-"

"Jess, you have to take care of yourself first and let her-"

"What?! You want me to let her be?"

"I did not mean-"

"That's exactly what you wanted to say!! That girl was there for me when none of you was and you want me to let her on her-"

"Jess you misunders-"

"Just shut up okay and let me talk because you misunderstood the situation, you tortured her and she's all broken and bruised then they don't even want me to help her!! She is way more important than my own life and all of you so get out of my way!!"

Those words really hurt and Volker was whimpering quite loudly, my mate was right from the start but I didn't listen to her. I took my sister's hand and Theo quickly injected some chemical in her neck so she could rest, Theo then brought her back to her room. Me, I needed to know how was my mate.

"Doctor, how's that girl condition?"

"Really bad alpha."

"What was Jess talking about for her to recover faster?"

"An Alpha blood transfusion but she was not in condition-"

"Prepare the procedure, I'll be the one to give the blood."