We bought a few outfits that day, along with a tube of clear lipgloss, a mascara, and a few eyeshadows for special occasions. One of the outfits we bought was a pair of dark high waisted jeans and a soft pastel pink sweater.

After putting on the outfit, I slipped on my sneakers and quickly ran my fingers through my messy curls. My hair has grown out long enough to barely reach my shoulders and I just recently learned how to do a couple of things with it.

I swiped a thin layer of gloss over my plump lips, slipping the tube into my pocket in case I ever need to reapply. I also added a light layer of mascara and natural eye shadow to my eyes to make my honey eyes pop, as Nancy once told me.

After I was finished getting ready I put on the teal hair band bracelet Hopper gave me before the Snow Ball, like usual, and made my way out to the couch to wait.

I waited on that old, yet soft couch until I heard the knock on the door.

Knock. Knock. Knock.
Knock. Knock. Knock. Knock. Knock.
Knock. Knock. Knock.

I stood up excitedly from the couch, brushing my fingers through my hair as if I was fixing something, before rushing to swing the cabin door open. I was immediately met with the beautiful sight that is Mike Wheeler.

His hair was slightly curly, something new that I liked. His sprinkling of freckles standing stark against his pale complexion. He was wearing his usual pair of white sneakers with a pair of pants and—

My favorite shirt.

I always thought the dark green and navy blue looked good on him. Mike always looked handsome but something about this shirt just made my heart race and made me find him even more adorable.

"Hi, El." he said letting out a breath I don't think he knew he was holding. "Hi, Mike."

He reached his hand out to hold mine as he stepped a bit farther into the cabin, me stepping backwards with him. "Are you ready to go?" he asks as he looks at me with a smile. "Yep! I just have to let Hop know I'm leaving." I replied with a smile.

"Hey, dad?!" I yelled out into the space of the cabin. I found myself trying out the word more often. "Yeah, El?" he said as he came bounding into the living room.

"I'm going out with Mike now." I said. I could see his eyes glance towards our hands with a smirk on his face as Mike tensed slightly beside me. Oh no.

"Okay. Mike?" he said as he stared at the lanky teen next to me. He looked to meet my fathers eyes. "You take care of her, alright?" he says, purposely trying to sound intimidating even thought we all know he's a big teddy bear on the inside.

"Y-Yes sir." Mike replied nervously, clearing his throat. "Okay, have fun." Hopper said as he let a smirk take over his face.

I tugged Mike out the door, wanting to get away from this embarrassment as soon as possible. We finally reached his bike, Mike letting go of my hand to steady the bike as he pulled it off of the forest floor.

"But not too much fun!" I heard Hopper yell. Was he really doing this to me? I rolled my eyes, sending a glare his way. He let out a hardy chuckle as he went back into the cabin.

I turned to face Mike once again, his signature blush coating his cheeks.

"Sorry about that..." I said as I tried to hold back the smile that was rising on my face. He looked back to me a smile appearing on his face. We both broke out into a fit of laughter.

"Okay, let's go." he said as we climbed onto his bike, our chuckles subsiding.

Mike's POV