"She won't think that and it's not like she's leaving forever and you can still have a close relationship with her. Me and my dad still have a close relationship and he lives in Ireland"

"And you don't feel abandoned or like your dads moved on with a new family?" He asks and I shake my head. "Not at all. I adore Annabelle. She's my baby sister. I don't feel like I'm being replaced. My dad was always gonna meet someone eventually. It's still kinda weird having a stepmother that's younger than me though" I chuckle slughtly "but she's nice and she makes my dad happy" I smile and he smiles back slightly.

He gets a message and he looks at his phone, but again doesn't reply. "Everything ok?"

"Mhm. So what time are you going to Janet's?"

"About 11. You sure your ok?" I ask sensing something and he nods. "Brianna can come too if she wants?"

"Um... I thinks she's busy today" He mumbles, looking at his phone "I'm gonna have to go, but I'll call you later" he smiles and gives me a hug and leaves quickly. I look out of the window and see him dail a number on his phone as he gets into his car.

I look at him confused as he drives away then smile when I see Michael pulling up in the drive.

"Hey" he smiles as he walks in and kisses me. "Was that Ray I just saw leaving?"

"Yeah. He came to see if I was ok and asked if I could hang out with Rebbie today"

"Why?" He frowns confused and I shrug. "He said she seemed stressed and doesn't really have any friends"

"Probably because she constantly complains about everything and gets an attitude over nothing"

"She's probably just stressed out"

"And so is Ray. He's been trying to help her, but she still gets an attitude. My dad told me about it"

"She's been alone for along time. Maybe she's just not used to having so many people around. Plus it can't be good for her not having any friends" I shrug. "Well maybe if she learned to stay in her place people would like her more" he shrugs. "Stay in her place?" I frown. "I didn't mean... see!? Now she's got you doing it" he frowns then sighs slightly. "I didn't mean that"

"Then what did you mean?" I frown, still pissed at his comment and he walks over and wraps his arms around me.

"I mean. I love you very much and I'm gonna shut up about it" he smiles and kisses me softly.

****
Ray's POV

I'm in the living room, watching TV, whilst cuddling with Eve and Rebbie walks in. "That was weird"

"What?"

"Ocean just called and asked me to come to Janet's place with Joanna. Apparently their gonna have some girls day or something"

"That was nice of her" I smile "Mhm. I'm not sure if I should though. I feel weird leaving Eve. Maybe in a few weeks or..."

"Eve's fine with me, don't worry about her. You go have fun" I cut her off. "But, it's your day off and..."

"Which means you don't have to worry about Eve" I smiles. "That's true. It's kinda weird Ocean would invite me though. It's not like we normally hang out. Not unless it's a family thing"

"Maybe she just wants to get to know you better. She is your sister in-law" I point out. "I guess it would be nice to spend some time with her. Plus I feel like I've barely seen Janet since we got back. I haven't even seen her apartment yet"

"Seen who's apartment?" We hear and I turn and see Brianna walking in and Rebbie explains about Ocean calling.

"Sounds like a great idea. All moms getting a break together" she smiles and sits down beside me. "I guess an hour or so won't hurt"

Happy ever after?  (A Sequal to love hurts?)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें