Pushed aside

Janet's POV

It's finally Saturday and I go straight to Mikey and DJs room to get Mikey, but he's not there so I go downstairs and Ocean is in the kitchen, feeding him whilst talking with my mother.

"Hey, how come you didn't wake me?" I smile as I walk over and kiss Mikey on the forehead then join them at the table.

"He woke up at 5:30 and me and Michael were already awake anyway, so I thought I'd let you sleep"

"You 2 must be exhausted getting up at that time?" Mother comments "Not really" she shrugs "We usually wake up about 5am anyway. By the way, we managed to get the day off work on Tuesday so we can help you with the rest of your move"

"The new house is ready, already?" I cut in and mother nods. "We've been sorting things out for the past few months... We'll be out of your hair in a couple of days" she says that last part to Ocean. "Will Mikey be coming with us?"

"Not yet. We need to sort a few things out first" mother smiles "Have you spoke to your social worker yet?" I turn to Ocean. "Her office isn't open on weekends. We can deal with all that another time" she smiles at me through pursed lips then continues feeding him. "Can I help?"

"It's fine, he's almost done now" she shrugs. "Can we still go to the beach today?"

"Sure. I just need to get the kids ready first"

****
Kathrine's POV

"Hey, you almost done in here? The kids are all dressed and wanna go to the park" Michael asks, walking into the kitchen. "I thought you were all going to the beach?" I ask, a little confused. "We can, but the others wanna go to the park first. We can go to the beach after"

"Can I come?" Janet asks. "Sure.... I'll just get this little guy ready" he smiles, turing to Ocean and takes Mikey from her and leaves the room.

After everybody went to bed last night Rebbie and I talked about the situation with Mikey and when she said she doesn't think Michael and Ocean realise, Mikey is Janet's son and not theirs, I put it down to her just trying to cause drama which is why I didn't say anything to Michael or Ocean, but after seeing the way they behave whenever Janet wants to do something with Mikey or brought up custody, they quickly brush it off and changed the topic.

I understand Janet's only just come back and it's going to get a little getting used to, but I'm starting to worry if Rebbie was right about them not wanting to give Mikey back.

****
Ocean's POV

"Can I hold Mikey?" Janet asks, as we're walking to the park and Michael glances over at me slightly then hands him over too her. "You guys are ok with me living with mother and dad aren't you? I don't want you to think I'm ungrateful or anything"

"Of course we don't think that" I smile slightly. "Yeah, And it'll be good for you to be able to concentrate on school and stuff" Michael adds "Plus, Mikey will finally have his own room and you won't have to worry about him waking DJ anymore" she smiles "I was talking to dad last night about how to decorate his room. I was thinking of maybe blue and..."

"Maybe you should try concentrating on the other stuff first before you start decorating"

"Like what? I thought you were going to call your social worker and tell her I'm back" she looks at us confused. "It's weekend and she's not at her office on weekends so we can't contact her just yet" I lie. "Plus. Don't forget that you have to get settled back at school and a new house and your court case. You do realise it starts next week?" Michael cuts in "Starts? But I already told the police what happend. How long do you think it's gonna take?" She asks nervously. "It depends. Ours lasted months" I shrug. "But why can't I take Mikey to the new house with me? I can't wait that long. I've already missed out on a year and..."