Insecure

Ocean's POV

I'm in the living room feeding Mikey and Michael walks in "Is Janet still sleeping?" He asks, looking around. "No. She's been up about an hour"

"Then why isn't she feeding Mikey?"

"Because she's in the shower and I told her I'd feed him. What's the matter with you?" I frown confused. "Nothing. It's just she could have fed him herself before going for a shower is all. she is his mother. Why's she getting ready so early anyway?"

"She wanted to go out with some of her school friends to go clothes shopping with the money your parents gave her"

"Well if that's what she wants to do. I guess we'll have tell Tony and Timmy tonight's off then" he shrugs. "Their still coming for dinner. It's not until this evening" I point out and he sighs heavily. "Michael, it's her birthday and all she's asked for is a nice dinner with everybody together. You didn't have a problem with them yesterday when they came to visit"

"Yes I did. I just acted nice because you asked me too. Nobody told me about inviting them over again. I thought this was gonna be a one time thing" he frowns. "Their only gonna be here for a month" I roll my eyes.

"A month of him bragging" he mumbles under his breath and I look at him confused. "Well he does" Michael shrugs. "All he does is go on about how great his life is and how smart he is and what a great job he's gonna get after he leaves his fancy university and..."

"That's what's bothering you?" I cut him off and he doesn't say anything for a moment.

"It Just everytime he's around, it feels like a competition of who's better for you and..."

"Who did I marry?"

"Me"

"And who am I planning on re-marrying?"

"Me"

"And who's the father of my children?"

"Me, but what does that have to do with anything? He still clearly thinks he's better than me and makes a point of bragging about going to university and stuff" he shrugs. "So what? You have a job and a wife and family who loves you, nice house, nice cars and a whole bunch of other stuff and do you go around bragging about It?" I ask and he shakes his head. "That's because you don't need to. Most people who go around bragging about what's so great in their life usually don't have alot an feel the need to brag about stuff they do have to make them feel better about themselves" I smile slightly and peck his lips. "You watch way to much Opera" he chuckles slightly and kisses me back.

"Morning" Janet smiles coming into the room and takes Mikey from me and gives him a cuddle. "Happy 14th birthday" Michael says giving her a hug. "Thanks and thanks for the necklace. I love it" she smiles, looking at the necklace we bought her.

"Glad you liked it. Do you need me to drop you guys off in town? Ocean said your going to meet your friend?" Michael asks and she shakes her head. Um... no, I'll be ok on the bus" she smiles and her phone beeps and she hands Mikey back to me to check the message.

"I'm gonna have to run. I'll be back before Timmy and Tony get here though, I promise" she smiles and turns to walk out the room.

"Aren't you forgetting something?" Michael frowns and she turns back and look at him confused. "Your son?" He raises an eyebrow. "Can he not stay here with you guys? I really don't like taking him to crowded places and I won't be to long"

"Sure. It's fine" I smile at her through pursed lips and Michael frowns at me.

"What the hell was that about?" He turns to me when she leaves.