Girl talk

Ocean's POV

"Hey, stranger!" I smile, opening the door to Ray and give him a hug and invite him in. "Hey. I was just calling to check how your doing?"

"I'm doing great. You want some coffee? I just made some" I smile and head into the kitchen and he follows behind me.

"I'm really sorry about not coming over sooner"

"It's fine. Your here now" I smile, handing him a cup of coffee. "I wanted to. It's just Eve has been awake most nights and with Brianna coming to visit and Rebbie...."

"Ray. It's fine really" I cut him off. "I have 3 kids of my own remember? I know what's like having a newborn" I smile and he smiles back slightly. "How are you finding parenthood anyway?"

"I love it" he smiles "It's tiering at times, but I love it and Eve's getting so big already. Look" He smiles proudly, showing me a photo on his phone. "Awww... She's so adorable. I'll have to stop by and see her. Feels like I haven't seen her in forever"

"It's ok. You've had alot going on latley. I'm sorry I wasn't there for you" he mumbles. "Ray, you have a family to take care of. I understand you can't be here all the time anymore. I had Michael and my dad here. It's not like I was alone"

"Your dad was here?"

"Mhm. We weren't sure about it at first, but I'm glad we did"

"What made you change your mind?"

"Well the only reason Michael and I didn't tell him was because we were scared my mom would find out, but now she's gone we don't have to be scared anymore" I smile "So everythings going good for you guys?" He smiles and I nod. "Hows things with you and Rebbie?"

"Good" he smiles at me through pursed lips. "You sure?" I ask sensing something and he sighs slightly. "I honestly don't know what's going on with her to be honest. It's like she's always in a mood about something and she's always so distant and when I ask her what's wrong she says she's find, but then gets pissed because I don't know what the problem is"

"That's pretty normal for someone thats just had a baby and keep in mind she didn't even know she was pregnant so she hasn't really had that much time to prepare herself mentally. Have you been helping her out? Because you can't just leave it all for her to do"

"All the time. Plus Brianna has been helping out too and then she gets pissed off with her for trying to help" he explains. "Have you tried..." I begin, but get cut off when his phone rings and he looks at the number then quickly hangs up. "You can answer if you want?"

"It's fine" he mumbles, putting it back in his pocket. "Could you do me a favour and maybe hang out with Rebbie for while... Maybe today?"

"Why?" I frown confused "She's just seems really stressed latley and she doesn't really have any friends"

"Sure" I shrug "Janet and I was gonna have a girly pamper day at her place. She can come if she wants?"

"That's perfect" he smiles "but don't tell her I asked you or she won't go. Just prentend like your inviting her"

"I won't say a thing. Joanna's gonna be there too so she'll have someone else to talk to. Her and my dad will be going home in a few days though"

"Brianna's going home next week" he mutters under his breath "She'll come and visit again and when Eve is a little older you can all go visit her"

"It feels weird though. I've only just gotten to know her and now she leaving and I don't want her thinking I'm forgetting or replacing her because I have Eve now"