Can't say goodbye

Janet's POV

"Did you sleep ok last night?" Ray asks and I shake my head. "All I could think about was Mikey. Everytime I closed my eyes all I could see was him crying when Ocean walked away with him"

"I'm sure she managed to settle him. Their really good with kids"

"I know, but it still hurt seeing him leave crying. I felt like I'd just given him away. What if he felt that too? What if he thinks I don't love him anymore or..."

"Relax" he cuts me off "That little boy loves you. Your his mommy. And just because your in here doesn't make you any less his mommy and you'll be seeing him again soon. I spoke to your dad and their coming about 10'oclock after the group meeting"

"How long do I get to see them for?"

"As long as you want" he shrugs. "It's not like in jail when you have a set time limit. We have a family room downstairs so you can all hangout and talk for as long as you want" he smiles and I don't say anything for a moment.

"Can't I just talk to you?" I ask and he looks at me confused. "Instead of the group meeting. Can't I just talk to you about it?"

"I know it sounds scary, sitting in a room with people you don't know, but you'll be ok I promise. The people staying here are really nice once you get to know them a little"

"I just feel weird having to stand up an tell a group of strangers all my personal business"

"You don't have to tell them everything if you don't want to. If you go in there an just sit quietly listening to everybody that's fine. Nobody's gonna force you to talk about anything your not ready to"

"Promise?"

"I promise. You just say what your comfortable with" he smiles. "We should start getting ready. Meeting starts in about half an hour" he says, getting up from the bed. "Ok. And thanks for sitting up here with me" I smile slightly. "It's fine" he shrugs. "But tomorrow you'll have to eat breakfast downstairs like everybody else. I don't want the others getting mad about me letting you eat in your room" he says, clearing up the plates and I nod.

I did attempt to go downstairs this morning, but when I saw all those people in the dining room, I got really nervous and ran out. I'm sure Ray thinks I'm a total weirdo for running out like that, but atleast he was nice enough to come after me and brought me some food.

****
Katherine's POV

I'm the kitchen making breakfast for everybody and Joesph walks in. "Everybody left already?" He asks confused. "LaToya had a meeting and Randy went to work an hour ago. Duncan and Neveah are in the living room playing and Michael and Ocean are getting the babies dressed" I smile and continue cooking. "Well they'll need to get a move on. Their supposed  to go and see Janet at 10"

"They need their breakfast first...  It's great having them all here again. Don't you think?" I smile to myself.

"You do remember the reason they came here?" He says in a sarcastic tone. "Of course I do! I'm not an idiot!" I snap turning to face him. "Then why are you acting all happy about it?" he frowns confused. "Because my son is home with my grandchildren and his wife. This house is so empty these days"

"And that's a bad thing? Have you forgotten what it was like when we had 9 little kids running around this place?" He chuckles slightly. "Of course not. I loved every moment of it. I can't wait for Michael and Ocean to have more. It'll be just like old times having young children running around again" I smile then turn back to my cooking.

"Well I wouldn't hold you breath on that one. They have enough with 3. And now Mikey with them, I doubt they'll have time to make any more" he chuckles. "They just need some alone time is all" I mumble.