Miss you

Janet's POV

It's been a few days since Michael and Ocean came over and none of us have spoken to them since. I know I haven't been the greatest of mothers and I've made some mistakes, But Michael and Ocean aren't petfect either. They've made way worst mistakes than me and out of everybody I thought they would understand the most, but it's like they don't even care about anybody but themselves. I trusted them with Mikey and they promised me they were only taking him for a little while to help me, but instead they betrayed me and adopted him behind my back and apart of me feels like they've been planning this for a long time.

I've spent a whole year believing my son was dead and that it was my fault and instead of giving him back to me and letting me be a mother to him, they've just taken him away from me all over again and I'll never forgive them for that.

My dad's been trying to help me and spoken with Jackie about it because he's a lawer and he told us that we can take this to a judge and try and have the adoption reversed, but he said that it's unlikey that the judge would agree because Mikey is in a stable home with two parents that are able to care for him and it's unlikey they'll be forced to take Mikey from a home he's always known and hand him over to a 15 year old who can't even suport herself.

I understand that social services want Mikey in a stable home and on paper Michael and Ocean do look like the better parents and I understand them forming a bond with him, but Mikey isn't their son he's mine and I've already lost the first year of his life and I'm not going to let them or anybody else take him from me again and I'm going to do whatever it takes to get him back and when I do I'm never gonna let anybody take him from me again and I'll never let anything to him or this baby.

****
Ocean's POV

"You always knew that it wasn't going to be easy and I told you this from the start. Just like I told you that you and Michael should have spoken to the rest of the family first" My dad says, over the phone.

"But we didn't do it to be malicious. We thought we were doing the right thing and everybody even wanted us to adopt him in the begining. Even Janet did and it's like they've all forgotten we're the ones that have been raising Mikey all this time, not them. They didn't even want Janet when they found out she was pregnant and just left me and Michael to deal with everything"

"I know. And they never should have put you two in that position. It's hard enough raising one child, let alone three and dropping a pregnant teenager on you both was wrong of them. Your barley adults yourselves"

"You think we were wrong for what we did?"

"I don't think you were wrong, but I think you were both misguided and you should have spoken to someone before doing something so drastic. Not telling people what's going on and hiding things from people only makes things worst in the long run. Look what happend when you had Duncan. Not once did either of you tell anybody what was going on. Sure you were scared and we didn't act the way we should have... me especially, but when you don't tell people what's going on and then just drop something on people like you two always do then your not gonna get a good reaction and it's just gonna hurt people"

"And I get that, but what are we supposed to do now? They all hate us and want us to give him back, but we can't. It's not that easy"

"Nothing in life is easy and you should know that by now, but as for giving him back. That's a choice you and Michael have to decide yourselves. Nobody can force you to do anything. You know what's best for Mikey and you need to do what's best him, just like you do with your own kids" he says softly and I don't say anything.

"Why don't you and Michael fly over and stay here for awhile with the kids? Sounds like the two of you need a break" he suggests. "We can't. Janet's trial will be starting soon and we're witesses so we can't leave. Plus we have work and stuff"