Help

Janet's POV

I'm in the kitchen, cleaning the dishes from breakfast and I glance out of the widnow and smile, watching Ben and the others, playing with the kids and building snowmen.

We've been here a few days now and everything has been going great. The guys have stopped giving Ben a hard time and they've started getting close. He's really bonded with Mikey and Tamika more too. He was close with them before the trip, but in the last few days I've notice how hands on he's been and he enjoys spending time with them and it's clear they love spending time with him too.

"You ok?" I here, bringing me from my thoughts and turn and see Ocean, walking over to me. "They still out there?" She giggles, looking out the window and I nod. "Awww. Mikey looks so proud of his little snowman" She smiles.

"Mhm. I wish things could stay like this forever" I sigh slightly. "How do you mean?" She turns to me confused. "This" I smile, pointing out of the window. "Family breakfast. Cosy nights by the fire... watching Ben playing with Mikey" I sigh, slightly at that last part. "There's no reason it can't be" she shrugs. "There's a million reasons. But being here it feels different. It feels more like a family and not just me, two kids and a boyfriend"

"That's because you are a family"

"Not really. Not like you and Michael. Your kids are all Michael's and your not gonna have to worry about what to tell them when they get older. It's gonna be hard enough telling Mikey that Timmy didn't wanna be around, but what am I supposed to tell Tamika? Her dad died because of me and..."

"That wasn't your fault" she cuts me off. "But if he wasn't in jail then he wouldn't have gotten beaten up or killed himself and..."

"He would have died anyway" she cuts me off again. "He got what he deserved in jail and he was sick so he would have died whether he went to jail or not. Your not to blame for what happend to him" she says softly. "Where's all this came from anyway? I thought things were going great with you and Ben?"

"They are, but it's still always in the back of mind what I'm gonna tell them when their older" I explain and she doesn't say anything for a moment.

"You don't have to tell them"

"What do you mean?" I frown confused. "Their gonna ask about their dads at some point"

"Not if they think Ben's their dad?"

"I can't lie to them"

"Technically It's not exactly a lie though is it? Ben's always been there for Tamika and he's clearly bonded with Mikey too. He may not be their dad biologically, but he's still been a dad to them. He even helps you out all the time. Your a family"

"I doubt Ben would see it that way"

"Of course he does. Ben clearly loves you guys and you and your babies love him too. Just because he's not their blood doesn't make you guys any different from me and Michael or your mom and dad. Just like with Rebbie and Ray"

"What about me and Ray?" We hear and see Rebbie by the kitchen door. "Nothing" I shake make head "We were just talking about..."

"I was saying how cute you and Ray are" Ocean cuts me off. "Really?" She looks at us suspiciously. "Has he said something about me?"

"No" she shakes her head. "I was just saying it was cute how there's 3 familes here together and we're also a whole family too" she shrugs and I nod in agreement with her "Oh" Rebbie mutters.

For a moment I was worried Ocean was gonna tell her we were talking about me and Ben, but I don't know why. Ocean's always been the best person to confide in. I'm not always sure about her advice though. It sounds like the perfect idea for Ben to be like a father to Mikey and Tamika and I wish he really was their dad, but I can't lie to them or put that kind of pressure on Ben. Ben's already been put through enough crap from my family, especially Michael and I wouldn't want him to feel pressured or force him to be a father to my children.