Worried

Michael's POV

"Are you sure your going to be ok while we're gone?" I ask Mrs Baker "Of course. You and Ocean don't have to worry about me. You have you own family to worry about" she smiles slightly. "Of course we worry about you and I wanna make sure you'll be ok while we're gone"

"Well I was going to ask my granddaughter to visit but.." she pauses then smiles at me through pursed lips "I'll be fine by myself"

"I didn't know you had a grandaughter" I frown confused and she sighs slightly. "I had two children. My daughter who sadly passed away as you know and I have a son Eric and he has a daughter named Maria. She was about your age last time I saw her....5 years ago" she mumbles that last part, "What happened?" I ask and she goes silent for a moment,

"I just wasn't a very good mother to him growing up. I'm ashamed to say this, but I was very neglectful towards him when he was younger and in many ways abusive. Then as soon as he was married he left the state to get away from me, not that I blame him.  I only got to meet my grandaughter becasue she moved to Miami and was curious and wanted to meet me. Everything went great and we really bonded until Eric found out and got inside her head and pretty much pressured her to stay away from me. It's been years since I spoke to him and he still hates me"

"Have you tried reaching out to him?"

"What's the point? to many years have gone by and i've done too much damage to him for him to forgive me" She mumbles. "It's not to late to work things out. "Youv'e seen how close me and my dad are and that was only a recent thing. When I was a kid he wouldn't even let any of us call him dad an would beat the crap out me for pretty much anything"

"And you forgave him?" She asks and I nod. "There were times as a kid when I hated him, but he was still my dad and I still loved him"

"You still loved him after he beat you?" she asks suprised and I nod. "And I forgave him.. like Ocean forgave me" I mumble that last part.

"You hit Ocean?" she asks and I shake my head "Not anymore. I didn't do it on purpose. I'd black out and wouldn't even know I was doing it until it was to late... I was horrible to her and forced her do things she didn't want to" I mutter that last part "And the worst part is, it was all my fault our son got taken away from us when he was just a few months old"

"you have another child?" she asks suprised and I shake my head "DJ's our only son. We got him back not to long ago. this was his first birthday we had custody of him. After we lost custody everything just started going worst and worst for us and then when got messed up with drugs and some other stuff, but my dad helped us... and now we're here" I explain and she nods, not saying anything for a moment.

"So that's what you were running from?" She asks and I look at her confused. "It was clear to me when I first met you both you were running from something" she says softly and I nod. "We just wanted to start a new life away from everything we knew and where nobody can find us"

"And how are you both now?" she asks softly "Other than what's happened with Janet. we've been really happy here and feel safer than we ever have" I tell her honestly and she smiles slightly.

"I'm sorry I just dumped all that on you. this was supposed to be about you not me" I mumble and she shakes her head. "You have nothing to be sorry for and I'm glad you did. Because you and Ocean can go through all that in such a short amount of time and survive then maybe there's chance for me too" she smiles slightly. "Your gonna contact your son?" I ask and she shakes her head "I think maybe I should start with Maria and then Eric"

"I really hope it works out for you" I smiles slightly "Thank you.. And now we all know each others secrets, don't ever be afraid to come to me if ever you need to talk or if you need anything" she smiles and I smile back the same way.