Time to say goodbye

Michael's POV

"Can you at least come to the hostpital?" I sigh heavily down the phone. "I would if I could, but I got called into work. Tracy's off sick and..."

"Rebbie, I don't give a fuck about Tracy or anybody at your work!" I snap, cutting her off. "Janet really needs you today and you promised you'd be here"

"I know I did, but I can't just leave work and hop on a plane just to watch Janet walk into a building. I have work and a child to take care of and..."

"It's not about watching her go into a building! This is really important and Janet really needs you"

"It's just really short notice for me. I did ask my boss, but she said I need two weeks notice before I can take the day off. I'll be there when she leaves, I promise and i'll..."

"Yeah, sure you will" I roll my eyes and hang up the phone.

This is one of many reasons why I never bothered telling Ocean about having another sister because this is what Rebbie does. She turns up every few years or so and makes all these promises then just leaves and let's people down. She's done the same with me and Randy that many times growing up that it's got to the point that we don't bother trying with her any more, but now she's turning up trying to play the big sister to Janet and she's gonna do the same with her that she did with me and Randy.

I know Janet has the rest of us here for her so she won't be alone, but she really wanted Rebbie to be here today. I understand if she can't fly over to Indiana for the night, but she could have at least came to the hostpital before she leaves. She promised she'll be there when she leaves rehab, but I'm not going to hold my breath on that one.

After I'm done on the phone. I go upstairs and DJ and Veah are jumping up and down on the bed while Ocean is on the floor packing a suitcase.

"Your still packing?"

"I just wanna make sure I have everything" she smiles while checking through her list again. "Why don't you guys go finish your breakfast while I help mommy pack" I smile at the kids and the both nod and leave the room.

"I'm almost done. I just need to check I have everything" she smiles, then empties the case and starts checking through everything again. "I should really clean the oven before we leave" she says, getting up to leave the room. "And I need to check..."

"Ocean" I say softly, taking her hand and turn her back to me. "I know things are gonna be different for the next few weeks, but it's gonna be ok" I say softly.

"Yeah I know" she shrugs, trying to pretend it isn't bothering her, but I can clearly see how much all this is stressing her out. "Why don't you just relax and..."

"I can't. Have to much to do and we have to leave for the hostpital in two hours and..."

"And I promise everything will be ready" I cut her off.

"You guys still packing?" Randy asks walking into the room. "Yeah, I'm almost done though" Ocean smiles at him.

"Great because I was wondering if you'd show me those wedding ideas and stuff"

"Really?" She frowns confused. "Of course. Toya said you had alot of ideas. I'd love to see it" he smiles back. "Ok. I'll just finish up in here and then..."

"It's fine. I'll finish the packing" I smile cutting in. "You sure?" She asks and I nod. "I'll left the files and stuff downstairs. I'll just go get it" she smiles and leaves the room.

"Is she ok? I heard you guys talking" Randy asks once she's downstairs. "Mhm.. She's just a little worried about us taking care of Mikey is all"

"I'm not surprised. 4 little kids to take care of is alot to handle? You know you could always move back in with us for awhile. I'm sure mom and dad would love it. Especially mom"