For the best

Ocean's POV

I woke up this morning an see I got a text message from Joesph early hours this morning saying that he's really worried about Janet and thinks she may be postnatal and the more I think about it the more I think he could be right. I didn't say anything to Michael when I first got the message because I didn't want DJ to hear since he's now in the phase of listening in on privet conversations and repeating everything he hears. So I waited until we dropped him and Veah off at daycare an spoke to him on the drive home.

"But that doesn't even make any sense. She was fine in the begining" Michael says confused. "That doesn't mean she doesn't have it now. It can happen at anytime. Sometimes years later, not just at the begining like it was for me" I explain. "You have to remember that alot of stuff has happened since she had him. Timmy wasn't there for her and she was getting bullied at school" I point out and he nods, but doesn't say anything for a moment.

"I still don't get why she didn't say anything to us. I know we've been busy alot lately with work and the move and the kids and stuff, but I still would have listened and so would you. She knows that"

"Maybe she thought she could handle it herself"

"But she didn't have to. She had us and the rest of the family and she knows that"

"And so did we remember? And we didn't say anything either. How many times did people asks us if we were ok? And how many times did we lie?"

"That was only because we were on that shit and didn't want them to find out and..."

"And what would have happened if we'd told them straight away" I cut him off and he doesn't say anything for a moment then sighs slightly.

"I just feel so stupid" he muttered "saw her everyday and spoke to her and I didn't even see it. With us I could understand nobody realising because they'd never dealt with it before, but we have and the more I think about it, the more I realise all the signs were there, just like they were for us, but I didn't even see it. I was so wrapped up in my own life, I didn't even notice my little sister was going through hell" he croaks trying not to cry.

"None of this is your fault" I say softly. "I didn't notice it either"

"Yeah, but you were busy with the kids all day and..."

"And you were working and supporting your family" I cut him off. "It's not like you were just ignoring her and out partying all the time or didn't care. You were taking care of your family and you shouldn't feel guilty for that" I say softly and he doesn't say anything.

It's been weeks since what happened to Janet and even though shes been to rehab and had counseling, Michael still feels guilty about not being there for his sister when all this started and even though I keep reassuring him that none if this is his fault, I understand why he still feels guilty about it, because so do I. Before I started working, I was home all day with Princess and Mikey and I saw Janet alot more that he did and I didn't notice anything was wrong with her either. I noticed she was becoming more distance, but I just assumed she was stressed from school and stuff and maybe if I'd spent more time with her instead of spending all my free time planning a wedding and getting a job then maybe she wouldn't have felt so alone.

"So what do we do now?" Michael asks, bringing me from my thoughts. "I'm not sure" I mumble. "Maybe if we try not forcing her to be close with Mikey and just show her we're here for her" I suggest and he nods "I guess we have been putting alot of pressure on her. When we got custody back for DJ they didn't hand him over straight away. The did a slow transition. Maybe we could try that with Janet an get her some therapy like we have" he suggests and I nod agreeing with him.